Page 213 of 222 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2214

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Not a fan of what JCrew has been doing recently but their shirts still make up the bulk of my casual rotation. I've got a couple of these to wear untucked with jeans. They run larger/longer than other JCrew shirts I've got (though not enough to size down IMO), so I shrunk them a bit by tossing them in the dryer after washing (usually won't do). They swap out colors on these somewhat often, with the discontinued colors moving to the Sale section.

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_categor...aelted-caramel

Other places I've picked some up: Taylor Stich, Huckberry, Club Monaco

Quote Originally Posted by MexAggie12 View Post
    Howdy gents, I'm looking to buy a few casual (collared) shirts to wear on the weekends and wanted to hear your recommendations for high quality and affordable brands to check out. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MexAggie12 View Post
    Howdy gents, I'm looking to buy a few casual (collared) shirts to wear on the weekends and wanted to hear your recommendations for high quality and affordable brands to check out. Thanks in advance!
    I've been very surprised with Amazon's Goodthreads shirt quality/fit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    I stumbled upon this briefcase (http://imgur.com/j5Bbs5J) in my travels which seems to be in my travels which seems to be handmade full-grain, possibly latigo, leather but would like to evaluate whether it's as good a deal as I think (~$30). Thoughts? What should I pay attention to? Any heuristics?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1457 Post(s)
    Do the BR Core Temp Chinos ever hit the sale section? Or are they considered "BR Exclusives" or whatever they are called, and often left out of the sales?

The land where squirrels work office jobs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    anyone have any good recommendations for off the rack affordable side tab pants? I'm a short guy so some people suggested I try those so I dont have to wear belts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I'm having issues with my shirt bunching up underneath my suspenders. It totally messes up the drape. Could this be because I'm using cheap all-elastic suspenders? Would a non elastic fabric not do this or do I need super slick satin ones? Is it just cause my shirt is a poor fit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I don't have a recommend but I just got a suit that I had a tailor add tabs to and remove the belt loops. So far I've been uncertain about it. They will not pull as tight as a belt which can be more comfortable, but also feels less secure

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxe View Post
    I don't have a recommend but I just got a suit that I had a tailor add tabs to and remove the belt loops. So far I've been uncertain about it. They will not pull as tight as a belt which can be more comfortable, but also feels less secure
    ah ok thanks. How much did that cost roughly? I usually dont have a problem with my pants falling off but I always just feel weird not wearing a belt with all the belt loops still on my trousers.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flatbear View Post
    anyone have any good recommendations for off the rack affordable side tab pants? I'm a short guy so some people suggested I try those so I dont have to wear belts.
    It depends on your definition of affordable. These from Spier & Mackay are an unbelievable value for Fresco wool (I own a pair and obviously love them):

https://www.spierandmackay.com/vbc-l...wn-fresco.html

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post
    It depends on your definition of affordable. These from Spier & Mackay are an unbelievable value for Fresco wool (I own a pair and obviously love them):

https://www.spierandmackay.com/vbc-l...wn-fresco.html

Haha thanks for the recommendation. I'm still in grad school so I was hoping maybe less than $100 haha