Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2099

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    306 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuts View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I need navy grenadine tie. This will be my goto tie for now. Do you recommend 3.0" or 3.5" (standard)? Also, which brand you guys like, its a very expensive tie.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrage View Post
    https://www.samhober.com/ you will be very happy.
    Yes, Sam Hober--you get a custom tie for around the same cost as a high-end ready to wear ties.

I have a Sam Hober tie and I love it--my favorite tie--except I wish I had gone with my instinct instead of David Hober's suggestion on the width. I think the 3.5 inch width is just a tad too wide. My next one will be 3 3/8ths.

And that's one of the great things about a Sam Hober tie--you can get it made exactly to the dimensions you want.

If you haven't had a grenadine tie, be aware that you might need to use a different knot than what you usually use. And that could impact how long you want the tie made. But if you go with a Sam Hober tie, David will explain that when you order one.
    Intentionally overdressed for almost every occasion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone know of a place that sells wool sweater-blazers, ie a sweater that is shaped like a blazer and is completely unstructured? I got one from J crew about a year ago and I love it, but I haven't been able to find anything similar.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quoted
    924 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Does anyone know of a place that sells wool sweater-blazers, ie a sweater that is shaped like a blazer and is completely unstructured? I got one from J crew about a year ago and I love it, but I haven't been able to find anything similar.
    You may have better luck searching for "Knit Blazer." J. Crew has one in their Wallace & Barnes line, Target has one, Bonobos seems to have one, then there are likely other places as well.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    You may have better luck searching for "Knit Blazer." J. Crew has one in their Wallace & Barnes line, Target has one, Bonobos seems to have one, then there are likely other places as well.
    Uniqlo has one or a few as well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    What are people's thoughts on paring a navy sweater (like this one: https://www.patagonia.com/product/me...id=mens-fleece) with dark wash denim? Too matchy?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quoted
    924 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elduderino260 View Post
    What are people's thoughts on paring a navy sweater (like this one: https://www.patagonia.com/product/me...id=mens-fleece) with dark wash denim? Too matchy?
    I've done it. It can be too matchy at times but it really just depends on the colors in person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Field Jacket Search

Hi all,

I live in the Boston area, and I'm looking for a nice, mid-weight field jacket for days when I'm just going from my car to the door of the school where I work. I really like this jacket from Banana Republic, but I'd love to find one like it in an olive-green-or-darker-green shade without going over $200 list price... I'd love to get your thoughts. I'm 6', 155 lbs, and prefer things a little more fitted (usually S when shopping for most tops).

These are the closest things I've been able to find on my own:
    - WenVen Men's Stand Collar Jacket
    - Alpha Industries M 65 Defender Field Jacket
    - A&F Removable Sherpa Combat Jacket
    - A&F Midweight Technical Jacket

Thanks for your advice and insights!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    167 Post(s)
    https://www.brooksbrothers.com/Washe...s=10&cgid=0308

This is in the BB sale section, and is probably cut slim.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    941 Post(s)
    What is this style sweater called? With the colored flecks woven in. I want one or two and am trying to find good key words to search.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    161 Post(s)