Page 207 of 222 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2214

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I am looking for a go-to shoe/boot to wear in business casual settings during these fall and early winter months filled with unpredictable weather. Something that looks nice, and won't be ruined if you get caught in a cold drizzle on a fall day. I know it varies by style and taste, just curious what others are wearing.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    Sorry, read that wrong

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtimesuperstar View Post
    I am looking for a go-to shoe/boot to wear in business casual settings during these fall and early winter months filled with unpredictable weather. Something that looks nice, and won't be ruined if you get caught in a cold drizzle on a fall day. I know it varies by style and taste, just curious what others are wearing.
    I have a pair of Allen Edmonds Daltons which have the oiled sole but would be better with the Danite sole. It really depends on your budget as to what would be suggested. Rubber wins out in this instance but not all shoes are created equal.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    A plain toe blucher like the Allen Edmonds Leeds or a long wing would be my suggestion for a shoe. For a boot, I think the Daltons are a good suggestion or any of the Jcrew Kenton boots, especially if they go on sale.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    The Badlands is a pretty good looking shoe.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1458 Post(s)
    What's the best way to stop my new Dalton boots from squeaking/making that leather rubbing noise when I walk?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    What's the best way to stop my new Dalton boots from squeaking/making that leather rubbing noise when I walk?
    I have used a sprinkle of body powder on the tongue of boots them wipe them off. I have to do this every time I fully condition them and take out the laces. I always forget what others have used in the past....I want to say it's a Saphir product.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    How business casual are we talking? In my office, I go with Alden indy boots paired with denim. I always get compliments and with a nice sweater or oxford up top, I never feel out of place.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    My First Ave boots stopped squeaking on their own after I wore them a bit, after about a month.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)
    Anyone have experience with Fjallraven jackets? Does the quality justify the price, or is it just pointless mark-up? I've handled them in person and they're clearly a cut above columbia/north face but they still seem to be made in China.

Thoughts?