Page 206 of 222 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2211

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

  1. #2051
    Super Moderator DocDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    3,777
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1431 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukemck View Post
    Need some Allen Edmonds quality control. Just purchased a pair of first quality 5th Aves. There is significant staining on the tongue under each eyelet. The sole has signs of wear along the toe. Is this expected or should I send them back for a different pair? Seems like one shoe is pristine and the other has the problems.
    Some photos would help with providing some input/decision.

  2. #2052
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theplayerking View Post
    That's a summer tie, so it's not especially versatile. Are your going for a preppy, Southern-trad look? Tie trends are more muted right now, so you might consider a darker green.
    I'm going for a relatively-conservative-but-not-boring look, as opposed to my current conservative-but-boring look (e.g. solid navy or burgundy), so was trying to avoid for example a solid dark green (not that I'm stuck on green in particular). Point taken about the brighter green/linen blend not being that versatile.

  3. #2053
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Waxed cotton jackets: Is this something that can melt or weep out of the jacket if you leave it in a hot car?

  4. #2054
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Martigan View Post
    Waxed cotton jackets: Is this something that can melt or weep out of the jacket if you leave it in a hot car?
    I can see it potentially happening if you were to do it in the dead of summer down south but I'm not really sure why you would be wearing a waxed cotton jacket if its that hot out. I have heard that sometimes waxed cotton can rub off on leather seats and cause discoloration but that is very rare from what I've seen.

  5. #2055
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    108
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Is there a database of label codes for designers? I think I recall seeing something like that on one of the SF threads. There is a sport coat on eBay that I'm considering, but I want to see if I can figure out what year it was made. There is a picture of the label on the inside with something like "Art. Col. 100960-2691" and I'm wondering if I can find out more by decoding those numbers.

  6. #2056
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    I can see it potentially happening if you were to do it in the dead of summer down south but I'm not really sure why you would be wearing a waxed cotton jacket if its that hot out. I have heard that sometimes waxed cotton can rub off on leather seats and cause discoloration but that is very rare from what I've seen.
    Ehh it can happen pretty easily. 50 degrees outside, starts to warm up, throw the jacket in the car, boom 85 degrees inside the car 5 hours later. But maybe that's not hot enough to matter.

  7. #2057
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,783
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1062 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MediumTex View Post
    Is there a database of label codes for designers? I think I recall seeing something like that on one of the SF threads. There is a sport coat on eBay that I'm considering, but I want to see if I can figure out what year it was made. There is a picture of the label on the inside with something like "Art. Col. 100960-2691" and I'm wondering if I can find out more by decoding those numbers.
    That is the only thread I know of. I forget the name of it and my google skills are failing me...

  8. #2058
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm looking for a Navy quilted Jacket. There are two Jackets that I like
    The Taylor Stitch Vertical Jacket
    https://www.taylorstitch.com/collect...jacket-in-navy

    And the J.Crew Mercantile Walker jacket
    https://www.jcrew.com/us/p/mens_cate...ebook%22%7D%7D

    The J.Crew is in stock and I can get it for around $85. The Vertical I like more, but it's not shipping until December and its $199.

  9. #2059
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Taylor Stitch is above mainline J Crew in quality, and way above J Crew Mercantile, which is their budget line. If you can afford the TS price and can wait until it's in stock I'd go for that one.

  10. #2060
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    806
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    264 Post(s)
    https://www.styleforum.net/threads/h...24109/page-225

    The only issue is that you probably have to post there and hope someone can identify it for you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •