Page 202 of 219 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2182

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)
    Is there anything worthwhile at Land's End these days? I inherited a $25 gift card that expires soon and I was hoping someone on here may have a suggestion.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)
    Their corduory pants aren't bad. 40% off plus the 25 dollar card, and you could get a pair for 25 dollars-ish.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Is there anything worthwhile at Land's End these days? I inherited a $25 gift card that expires soon and I was hoping someone on here may have a suggestion.
    Their outerwear is good if not particularly thrilling. Their chinos, sweaters, ties, and Hyde Park dress shirts are all decent and they have affordable, basic wool dress trousers but their fits have changed a lot over the years so proceed with caution in terms of picking your fit and size.

Their suit jackets and sport coats get some recommendations around here but they don't carry my size (or at least, they didn't until recently... now it looks like they do) so I can't vouch for them myself.

If you can, try to take advantage of a sale promo. You're overpaying if you aren't taking advantage of some kind of 30-40% discount.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Their flannel shirts are great. I have a button down plaid shirt that I like a lot too.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrake View Post
    Their flannel shirts are great. I have a button down plaid shirt that I like a lot too.
    I just moved to Minnesota so a flannel for layering is probably a safe bet.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

Bad idea for something to be worn with jeans in the fall?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I'm likely in the minority in this, but I don't understand the purpose of sneakers that are supposed to look like dress shoes (or however you want to characterize the black leather thing). Can't imagine a scenario where I'd wear these over Sambas or Stan Smiths.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Business casual/casual settings when I don't feel like wearing boots. I already have the BR Nicklas in white w/ gum sole, which I guess could be comparable to Stan Smiths (kinda sorta not really).

I am mostly on the fence regarding color. Not sure what would be more versatile, black leather or blue leather. If I went black leather, the BR Nicklas would be in the running, as would the Stan Smith Premium (black with white sole).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)
    So Allen Edmonds has discontinued their Bourbon shoe polish. Do any of you have any experience using another color? I'm fine with them darkening a tiny bit, but not much.

Also, has anyone done Joe's Stafford Deacon black shoe creme routine using Kiwi black polish rather than creme?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    524 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    So Allen Edmonds has discontinued their Bourbon shoe polish. Do any of you have any experience using another color? I'm fine with them darkening a tiny bit, but not much.

Also, has anyone done Joe's Stafford Deacon black shoe creme routine using Kiwi black polish rather than creme?
    When the finish started coming off my AE bourbon shoes, I tried a number of polishes and creams to attempt a repair, including dark brown and black, and none of them seemed to alter the color at all. I even left a light coat of black shoe cream on for about a week on the problem areas hoping it would soak in, but that did not happen--at least not enough to notice. I eventually stripped them down to natural and gave them a custom dye job.

So, based on my experience, you probably won't darken the shoes badly if you use a darker color.

In regard to what to use, Saphir has tons of colors and probably one is close to AE bourbon.