Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2214

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)

Summer Friday suede loafers

Hey guys, I have a "coffee date" with a very senior exec at a major Manhattan print publishing place on Friday morning. It's casual but in that Manhattan magazine type way.

I plan on wearing a subtle grey check jacket I bought for this purpose, along with blue Bonobos khakis. I think I would like to buy a pair of suede loafers in gray to go with this - and wear them sockless.

I am a bigger guy, so I think a more stable less dainty looking shoe would look best. I love drivers but think they may be a little bit casual for this environment, but it is "just" a coffee date. I want to look pulled together but in a sort of easy way.

Does anyone have options on Trask loafers in particular?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    what do you think of this brief case? to bring into work everyday
    https://imgur.com/a/grrOGu5

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1079 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncf05 View Post
    what do you think of this brief case? to bring into work everyday
    https://imgur.com/a/grrOGu5
    Depends on your job. It looks ok but we have no other information about where you work, type of work, and the atmosphere.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Depends on your job. It looks ok but we have no other information about where you work, type of work, and the atmosphere.
    Fortunue 500 company. Business casual , but people are pretty trendy/into fashion business casual

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1079 Post(s)
    Fortunue 500 company. Business casual , but people are pretty trendy/into fashion business casual
    If you have the option for brown, I'd go for that. This looks black to me which feels more formal. Brown looks great with age and dresses up and down the spectrum when needed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Sorry for the ton of questions, but im starting anew job lol. and im doing shopping

ive seen the taft jackboot in person and really liked it. but forgot what shade it was.

which shade of the boot do you think would work better in a business casual with button down

oxblood
    https://imgur.com/a/3qvvKqv

light brown
    https://imgur.com/a/lLlvVkw

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1079 Post(s)
    Sorry for the ton of questions, but im starting anew job lol. and im doing shopping

ive seen the taft jackboot in person and really liked it. but forgot what shade it was.

which shade of the boot do you think would work better in a business casual with button down

oxblood
    https://imgur.com/a/3qvvKqv

light brown
    https://imgur.com/a/lLlvVkw
    Those are both sort of dandy due to the wool? areas of the boot. For the $250, you would be better off buying another boot which would allow for more function. Make sure you have your other shoes in line before going off the deep end with a boot like this. Joe's main page post has a few boots that would better serve you in the office environment unless denim is the norm.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Those are both sort of dandy due to the wool? areas of the boot. For the $250, you would be better off buying another boot which would allow for more function. Make sure you have your other shoes in line before going off the deep end with a boot like this. Joe's main page post has a few boots that would better serve you in the office environment unless denim is the norm.
    I already have allen edmonds daltons, red wings, and a tan chelsea boot. I like taft shoes as they are extremely comfortable. and yes, denim is the norm.

A coworker was wearing those shoes at my current job and i really liked them, so ive had my eye on them for a while

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1079 Post(s)
    I already have allen edmonds daltons, red wings, and a tan chelsea boot. I like taft shoes as they are extremely comfortable. and yes, denim is the norm.

A coworker was wearing those shoes at my current job and i really liked them, so ive had my eye on them for a while
    I would say go for it then. If it were the standard wool trousers and button up shirt environment then I would say stay away but it sounds like there is a lot of variability. That said, both colors look fine. I have been looking at All Birds for some casual wool shoes but have not made a purchase yet...I don't know what is holding me back.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    384 Post(s)

I'd go with the oxblood since you already have some tan chelsea boots.
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft