Page 190 of 226 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2258

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Howdy gents, I'm looking for an affordable pair of jeans (about the price of Levi's), that would look good on a shorter guy (likely mid rise, for a 5'6" guy), and come in a slim or tapered fit. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    I'm 5'7" and pretty skinny, and have had good luck with BR - not sure if that falls within your price range (although presumably you'd be buying at 40% off or so).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi Tacitus, thanks for the response. I'm a bulkier dude at around 175#s, but BR has served me well in the past. I'll have to try them out and wait for the 40% off sale. I'll take any other suggestions at around $50.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MexAggie12 View Post
    Hi Tacitus, thanks for the response. I'm a bulkier dude at around 175#s, but BR has served me well in the past. I'll have to try them out and wait for the 40% off sale. I'll take any other suggestions at around $50.
    If there are any still available in your size you could try out the jeans that Jomers just released. You will definitely have to get them hemmed as they all come with a 34" inseam. I actually picked up a pair of the Olive jeans shortly after Joe reviewed them and really like them for what they are. A lightweight jean with a comfortable amount of stretch for the warmer months. With your average hemming costs they can come in close to the $50 mark you are looking for.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    645 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MexAggie12 View Post
    Howdy gents, I'm looking for an affordable pair of jeans (about the price of Levi's), that would look good on a shorter guy (likely mid rise, for a 5'6" guy), and come in a slim or tapered fit. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    I don't have a specific jean suggestion, but I've been having good results using Nordstrom Rack's website--the selection is way bigger than in their stores, the prices start at about $30, and the in-store returns are easy. I order a bunch of styles and sizes, try them on when I get them, and then return all that I don't want.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    I scooped up a pair of those Chippewa’s that were featured on the site last week. They are a light tan color with very soft boot leather. What is the best way to care for this type of work boot? I’ve read about so many different boot/shoe care products and the information and number of guides is overwhelming. Polished, waxed, conditioners etc.

I have mink oil that I’ve used on my Clark’s boots, but I’m not sure that would be a good fit here. I think they may darken the leather too much. Any advice?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hasenkopfe View Post
    I scooped up a pair of those Chippewa’s that were featured on the site last week. They are a light tan color with very soft boot leather. What is the best way to care for this type of work boot? I’ve read about so many different boot/shoe care products and the information and number of guides is overwhelming. Polished, waxed, conditioners etc.

I have mink oil that I’ve used on my Clark’s boots, but I’m not sure that would be a good fit here. I think they may darken the leather too much. Any advice?
    Main thing is to get some sort of conditioner: Bick 4, AE leather lotion, etc. and apply that every once in a while. If you don't like scuffs then you should get a cream polish to fill those in, but I would avoid wax polishes as I don't think a work boot needs a mirror shine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Main thing is to get some sort of conditioner: Bick 4, AE leather lotion, etc. and apply that every once in a while. If you don't like scuffs then you should get a cream polish to fill those in, but I would avoid wax polishes as I don't think a work boot needs a mirror shine.
    Thank you.

I am concerned with minimizing scuffs. Would a neutral shoe cream work? Or, do I need to find an appropriate shade?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hasenkopfe View Post
    Thank you.

I am concerned with minimizing scuffs. Would a neutral shoe cream work? Or, do I need to find an appropriate shade?
    You'll need to find the appropriate shade. If you want to cover up scuffs you'll need a shoe cream with a pigment that'll dye the leather. I'd recommend a shoe cream that's lighter than the actual color of the leather, that way you'll minimize the risk of darkening the leather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Buy up or buy down?

I am a size 47 jacket. Buy up or down?