Page 173 of 222 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2214

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)
    Another watch question (maybe I'll turn this into a daily thing) - does anyone have a recommendation on a leather strap for a http://www.ashford.com/us/watches/ha.../H74451833.pid that will work well with AE's walnut color?

I've decided to stop being lazy about my brown leathers matching, ordered a walnut belt and everything.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Any recommendations on what colors to wear with a pair of dark green cords? The pants, specifically, are "island pine" from JCF: https://factory.jcrew.com/p/mens-clo...me=island-pine

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by L_Wilson View Post
    Any recommendations on what colors to wear with a pair of dark green cords? The pants, specifically, are "island pine" from JCF: https://factory.jcrew.com/p/mens-clo...me=island-pine
    Navy or maroon polo would look great. White, light blue or light green would also look good if you want higher contrast

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    Are these cufflinks black tie appropriate? They are sterling silver, and belonged to my grandfather.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Are these cufflinks black tie appropriate? They are sterling silver, and belonged to my grandfather.
    Simple and elegant. I would wear them. Sterling is always appropriate.

Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1453 Post(s)
    @Rocco Short answer - yes.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    Thanks for the answers, guys.

One more black tie question: for those with the SuitSupply tux, have you found a cummerbund that matches the lapels? Event is Oct 7, and I'm going to SuitSupply Sunday to get fitted.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Thanks for the answers, guys.

One more black tie question: for those with the SuitSupply tux, have you found a cummerbund that matches the lapels? Event is Oct 7, and I'm going to SuitSupply Sunday to get fitted.
    I got the Fort Belvedere Wide Ribbed Grosgrain Cummerbund in Black Silk and matching tie. However, they are very expensive and it was an extravagance for items I wear two times a year at most.

Regarding Suitsupply, I suggest not getting the combo. The tie doesn't match the lapels and the shoes are uncomfortable, especially while standing (which is often what you do while wearing black tie). If I had to do it again, I would get the suit alone and find a pair of black whole-cuts elsewhere. Patent leather is not versatile and I don't like Suitsupply's shoes, especially compared with Allen Edmonds or Carmina.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theplayerking View Post
    I got the Fort Belvedere Wide Ribbed Grosgrain Cummerbund in Black Silk and matching tie. However, they are very expensive and it was an extravagance for items I wear two times a year at most.

Regarding Suitsupply, I suggest not getting the combo. The tie doesn't match the lapels and the shoes are uncomfortable, especially while standing (which is often what you do while wearing black tie). If I had to do it again, I would get the suit alone and find a pair of black whole-cuts elsewhere. Patent leather is not versatile and I don't like Suitsupply's shoes, especially compared with Allen Edmonds or Carmina.
    Yea I'm just getting the tux and maybe the shirt (which seems to be out of stock). For the tie, I was going to see how it matched the lapels in person, so thanks for the info. I'm thinking of the Kent Wang cummerbund and tie, but the grosgrain seems quite a bit more pronounced. That's kinda the price range I'm looking, $150 for the set.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Yea I'm just getting the tux and maybe the shirt (which seems to be out of stock). For the tie, I was going to see how it matched the lapels in person, so thanks for the info. I'm thinking of the Kent Wang cummerbund and tie, but the grosgrain seems quite a bit more pronounced. That's kinda the price range I'm looking, $150 for the set.
    You should know it's a five stud shirt, which can be annoying.