Page 170 of 227 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2266

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    Not sure if they still make it or not, but I've always liked banana republic's Black Walnut. It has a nice Smoky/cigar leaf, walnut and leather scent, perfect for winter. I'm almost out of the one I got years and years ago when I used to work there. A little goes a long way.
    great never heard of it .. but i certianly like to try it if it's available.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    394 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsomebull View Post
    great never heard of it .. but i certianly like to try it if it's available.
    I just looked and they're available on Amazon now, a lot cheaper than what they sold for in store. They also have slate, which has a light/crisp grapefruit/citrus smell that's great for summer. Cordovan is also pretty good, but I don't remember what it smells like. Banana did a pretty good job with their fragrances, both for men and women. Their Rosewood and Jade perfumes smelled great. (I was in charge of the fragrances/training others about it when they rolled out back when I used to work there, FYI.)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    I'm eyeing a Bonobos slim blazer on eBay, and wondering about fit compared to SuitSupply and J Crew Ludlow. My go-to is SuitSupply Havana fit; I find that a Ludlow in the same size is OK, but I wish it were a little slimmer, esp. in the waist. Anyone know how a Bonobos slim would compare?

Also, any experiences with the Bonobos "Foundation" jackets in general? The one I'm looking at is 100% cotton (possibly also a linen one) - looking for something casual for (next) summer.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ELNJ View Post
    I'm eyeing a Bonobos slim blazer on eBay, and wondering about fit compared to SuitSupply and J Crew Ludlow. My go-to is SuitSupply Havana fit; I find that a Ludlow in the same size is OK, but I wish it were a little slimmer, esp. in the waist. Anyone know how a Bonobos slim would compare?

Also, any experiences with the Bonobos "Foundation" jackets in general? The one I'm looking at is 100% cotton (possibly also a linen one) - looking for something casual for (next) summer.
    Bonobos slim is a true slim and their jackets tend to be a little on the short side. If you're worried about fit maybe try asking the seller if they can provide the garments measurements to you?

For reference you can find Bonobos' size charts for their blazers and jackets here

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Thanks, @Rawfull! Unfortunately no jacket waist measurements are given by Bonobos, though it does say that the Slim has "a noticeable taper". I'll check with the seller, but still would be interested to hear of any direct comparisons if anyone here has them.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Hah I didn't even think about the waist measurements, good catch! I don't really have any experience with SuitSupply (want to check them out in person when they finally open up shop in Boston). Unfortunately I don't have any Ludlow jackets, the fit was never quite right for me so I can't really draw a good comparison there. If you mind my asking, what size are you? If it helps, I own one of the foundation suits (38s in slim) and can take get the waist measurement on that jacket, as no tailoring has been done to it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    JCrew Ludlow 40L is normally ok on me (sometimes a bit too tight at the waist). Bonobos 40L slim is too slim at the waist; 40L standard is too big and I had it taken in at the sides, but generally fits much better. Seems like: Bonobos slim > JCrew Ludlow > Bonobos standard.

HTH.

Also, if you have the cash, Bonobos ship super fast and you can return easily. So, you could purchase new and make sure it fits.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otoba View Post
    JCrew Ludlow 40L is normally ok on me (sometimes a bit too tight at the waist). Bonobos 40L slim is too slim at the waist; 40L standard is too big and I had it taken in at the sides, but generally fits much better. Seems like: Bonobos slim > JCrew Ludlow > Bonobos standard.

HTH.
    Excellent, that's very helpful. I'd like something a little slimmer than Ludlow, so this could be a good bet. Now I just have to decide if I can really justify another jacket or two...

Thanks for the measurement offer, @Rawfull, but I think I have what I need now (and I'm 42L in any case...) .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Is this belt too casual to wear with brown shoes/blazer/odd trousers and/or a suit? https://www.weargustin.com/store/5847

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamWithSam View Post
    Is this belt too casual to wear with brown shoes/blazer/odd trousers and/or a suit? https://www.weargustin.com/store/5847
    Definitely not a suit. Possible with odd trousers depending on the fabric. Safest with chinos and denim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk