Page 166 of 222 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2214

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

  1. #1651
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Hey all,

    Trying to play a little game of find that shoe. Saw a pair of Aldo Oxfords in a light tan color with brouging/perforations similar to the AE Fairfax.

    They were not wholecuts either but rather had the wingtip and medallion without the raised strips of leather normally seen on such shoes. Any leads would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

    --S

  2. #1652
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,730
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamWithSam View Post
    Hey all,

    Trying to play a little game of find that shoe. Saw a pair of Aldo Oxfords in a light tan color with brouging/perforations similar to the AE Fairfax.

    They were not wholecuts either but rather had the wingtip and medallion without the raised strips of leather normally seen on such shoes. Any leads would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

    --S
    have you tried looking here?

    https://www.aldoshoes.com/us/en_US/men/footwear/brogues

  3. #1653
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    Of course, that was my first stop. Judging by the shape the shoes were in, they are an older model but clearly holding up well. Thinking they may be discontinued.

  4. #1654
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Would anyone be able to tell me the wristwatch that is visible in the "Weekend Dossier" photo? Seems to be a large-cased pilot watch with enlarged numerals at 12, 3, 6 and 9.

  5. #1655
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,730
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hasenkopfe View Post
    Would anyone be able to tell me the wristwatch that is visible in the "Weekend Dossier" photo? Seems to be a large-cased pilot watch with enlarged numerals at 12, 3, 6 and 9.
    it's some sort of out of production hamilton chronograph. forgot the exact model name/number.

  6. #1656
    Varsity Member Nandyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,110
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    Hi all. I just got my first pair of GYW boots, the cordovan color Chippewa captoes from J.Crew, and was wondering if I should treat them with Snow Seal or not. I live near Seattle and plan on wearing these a bunch during our wet fall/winter/springs. I know it's oiled leather so will already resist some water and such, but I'd like some extra protection. However, I've seen several posts online that cobblers (like Dave Page in Seattle) can't resole shoes/boots that have been treated with sno-seal and sometimes obenaufs LP (because it prevents the cement from adhering), and there's some confusion/debate as to whether that applies only to purely glued soles or if GYW soles are still resoleable after Snow Seal treatment.

    Anybody have any definitive answers or experience getting their treated boots/shoes resoled?

    The Chippewa's Vibram soles are stitched, if that helps any.

  7. #1657
    Varsity Member Nandyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,110
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    Just emailed Dave Page directly and he replied really quickly. GYW boots/shoes can be resoled even after Snow seal, Obenaufs, etc.

  8. #1658
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hey guys, I just picked up the J Crew Factory Sutton light blue slacks and the Caspian blue sport coat from the regular J Crew store. Random purchases, but I was wondering if I could pull them off together? They're drastically different blues, but there are rules...

    Any thoughts?

  9. #1659
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    683
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clublos View Post
    Hey guys, I just picked up the J Crew Factory Sutton light blue slacks and the Caspian blue sport coat from the regular J Crew store. Random purchases, but I was wondering if I could pull them off together? They're drastically different blues, but there are rules...

    Any thoughts?
    I think blue is one of the few colors that you can get away with wearing different items of. You could go for a monochrome look by adding a navy blue shirt. I'd probably wear those items with a white shirt and brown leather belt and shoes.

  10. #1660
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for your response! My thought was to wear with a white polo and brown belt and brown chukkas.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •