Page 165 of 218 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2179

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by listopisto86 View Post
    Hi all- heading to England and Spain in July and looking for recommendations for some good, casual shoes that can handle a lot of good walking. I know there's a big push towards white canvas sneakers, but I'm hesitant re: keeping them clean. Any other recommendations? Thanks!
    White leather sneakers are easier to keep clean. Joe put the Adidas stan smiths in today's 10 best bets under $75. The also make some with he Boost sole (more $) but I'm not familiar with those and don't know how dirty the sole might get on the sides. Have fun on your trip!

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1402 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by listopisto86 View Post
    Hi all- heading to England and Spain in July and looking for recommendations for some good, casual shoes that can handle a lot of good walking. I know there's a big push towards white canvas sneakers, but I'm hesitant re: keeping them clean. Any other recommendations? Thanks!
    I agree with the earlier comment about the Stan Smiths. I have a pair and they are definitely my favourite summer shoe for walking. Very comfortable. Mind you I'm not super anal about keeping them pristine white either. I mean I won't wear them running through grass fields or anything, but at the same time I'm not obsessive about avoiding possible situations where they might get a little dirty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    I agree with the earlier comment about the Stan Smiths. I have a pair and they are definitely my favourite summer shoe for walking. Very comfortable. Mind you I'm not super anal about keeping them pristine white either. I mean I won't wear them running through grass fields or anything, but at the same time I'm not obsessive about avoiding possible situations where they might get a little dirty.
    Thanks @DocDave and @Alex.C. I appreciate it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    I have been eyeing this BR Olive Green Blazer for sometime now but at around $300 I easily passed. Now I am thinking about it with BR running a "50% off sale items" sale meaning this would come in sub $100. Much more doable.

Question: What would you wear with this? Both professionally and casually? BTW, I will not be purchasing the pants.

I already have in mind navy dress pants and a solid shirt but I'm hoping to hear more options as I am stuck there.

I am big fan of interchangeability regarding my clothing choices.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Heafcliffe; June 23rd, 2017 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    So I wear AE Park Ave's 9D...want to buy some AE Liverpooles, which size should I get for a 'proper' Chelsea fit (snug)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heafcliffe View Post
    I have been eyeing this BR Olive Green Blazer for sometime now but at around $300 I easily passed. Now I am thinking about it with BR running a "50% off sale items" sale meaning this would come in sub $100. Much more doable.

Question: What would you wear with this? Both professionally and casually? BTW, I will not be purchasing the pants.

I already have in mind navy dress pants and a solid shirt but I'm hoping to hear more options as I am stuck there.

I am big fan of interchangeability regarding my clothing choices.

Thanks in advance.
    Gray and tan trousers should work well too.
    Check this out: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/j...ations.317329/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestCoast View Post
    Gray and tan trousers should work well too.
    Check this out: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/j...ations.317329/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey thx! Never really thought of tan as an option. Didn't want to look too banana republic-ky....

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what is better quality? A pair of Clark's desert boots or the Nordstrom Barrett chukka? I could get either for around the same price...

https://www.clarksusa.com/us/origina...ede/p/26107879

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/1901-bar...ot-men/4331831

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    @Aręte Pretty similar quality. I've owned both. Wore out a pair of Clark's and replaced them with the Barret.

Clark's desert boot: overall more casual, unlined but thicker suede, stitch down construction, crepe sole, very comfortable after I broke them in a little.

Nordstrom Barret: overall leans more formal than Clark's, but still works with jeans and a button down shirt, thinner suede that is fully leather lined, cemented construction, rubber sole that mimics Dainite, less cushion in the sole and less comfortable especially if I'm walking a lot.

You probably can replace the soles on both of these, but you're probably better off just buying a new pair of shoes at that point.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1048 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrKenShu View Post
    So I wear AE Park Ave's 9D...want to buy some AE Liverpooles, which size should I get for a 'proper' Chelsea fit (snug)?
    A little old but I would get your Park Ave size.