Page 162 of 222 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2214

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    I'd go with a Chelsea boot, although a loafer (especially in suede) will get much more use over the next few months. Carminas are listed in UK sizes, which are generally 1 smaller than US size (9UK = 10US), so the 9 UK Rain would not fit you. The Duke in brown looks nice.
    Thanks. The Carminas were listed as a US9, sorry, I should have clarified that. The brown Duke definitely looks nice, though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iviustang50h View Post
    I would go loafer, especially if you live in a warmer climate. I'd also pick up a pair of brogues (Strand or Cornwallis) before another boot, but YMMV.

How do you like the Thursday Boot company offerings? I've been eyeing the Captains. I've read mixed reviews on the company, but at that price point it's super tempting.
    I live in the temperate (4 season) area of the US, and I like the support of boots more, but thanks for the idea! I'm planning on grabbing a pair of Cornwallis's soon, though.

The Captains are absolutely lovely, and because of the free return/exchange program, if you order the wrong size, it's not a problem. The leather is excellent quality, as is the construction and sole. Only issue is they only make D widths (not an issue for me).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Those Carmina Chelsea's look like they would fit since the seller says UK8 which is right at a 9D US. It really depends on what you wear as I wear boots year round and had some Cehlsea's on last week. With the Dainite sole on the grailed pair, they should last quite a while! The last looks a lot better than the Liverpool too.
    Yeah, I think they are definitely a steal at that price for the quality. What would you suggest pairing the black Chelsea with, if I were to get it?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    @DrKenShu Thanks for the info! If you end up going with the Carmina's, I hope they work out for you.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    384 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrKenShu View Post
    Yeah, I think they are definitely a steal at that price for the quality. What would you suggest pairing the black Chelsea with, if I were to get it?
    Ah ok my bad for assuming you meant 9UK. Black chelsea works with pretty much everything as long as it looks "sharp," from t shirt + jeans to a suit potentially (if you like that style). It works well with the streetwear style, but since black is sleeker and slimming (plus the rain last is fairly sleek compared to AE liverpool for example), I'd say that you'd probably want to keep the rest of your outfit form fitting.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1079 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrKenShu View Post
    I wear my black Chelsea's to work with pants and a sport coat. I usually reserve them for gray pants days as they don't look great with blues and browns. I assume they would work in the casual realm though I have not seen black Chelsea's and denim in real life but moto boots look great with denim.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Where can I buy a quality leather NATO strap for my diver? Seems like they are either $10 (Amazon) or like $60 (Crown and Buckle). Not sure if it's worth paying a lot more?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aręte View Post
    Where can I buy a quality leather NATO strap for my diver? Seems like they are either $10 (Amazon) or like $60 (Crown and Buckle). Not sure if it's worth paying a lot more?
    Cheapestnatostraps.com has some decent ones for the price. I would check out Martu as well. Not nearly as many options and a little pricier but their straps are really nice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Suit Supply folks:

I wear a 38L in Havana fit. I would like to purchase some other styles and fits. Any of you guys wear 38L in Havana? What size do you wear in other fits?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    I have had a pair of Clarks desert boots for a couple years now. They now smell really bad even when I only wear them for an hour or two. Should I just throw them out or is there a way to get rid of the smell for good?