Page 161 of 217 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2161

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1377 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    Digging the lapel flower! Makes up for the lack of a square IMO and the texture along with the darkness of that tie definitely helps it stand out. Nice work!
    Yeah, I agree. You don't want too much stuff on/in your jacket. A pocked square AND lapel pin is too much IMHO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    So I've been looking around to add to my shoe/boot collection. I currently have:
    Black Park Avenues 9D
    Dark Brown McAllister's 9D
    Blue suede chukkas from Thursday Boot Co size 8
    Dark Brown Captain 6" boots from Thursday Boot size 9
    PF Flyers size 9
    Brannock size: 9D

I think my next purchase will be either a Chelsea boot or a loafer, and I'm leaning towards a boot as I prefer the style more. My eyes are on the AE Liverpool in tan, the TBC Duke in brown, or a Carmina black chelsea I found on Grailed in size 9 (Rain last). My question is, of these 3, which would be the best bet when compared to my other shoes and would the Carmina chelsea even fit based on my other shoe sizes?
    EDIT: I'm all ears if you have a better recommendation for me!
    Last edited by DrKenShu; May 31st, 2017 at 01:07 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    354 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrKenShu View Post
    So I've been looking around to add to my shoe/boot collection. I currently have:
    Black Park Avenues 9D
    PF Flyers size 9

I think my next purchase will be either a Chelsea boot or a loafer, and I'm leaning towards a boot as I prefer the style more. My eyes are on the AE Liverpool in tan, the TBC Duke in brown, or a Carmina black chelsea I found on Grailed in size 9 (Rain last). My question is, of these 3, which would be the best bet when compared to my other shoes and would the Carmina chelsea even fit based on my other shoe sizes?
    I'd go with a Chelsea boot, although a loafer (especially in suede) will get much more use over the next few months. Carminas are listed in UK sizes, which are generally 1 smaller than US size (9UK = 10US), so the 9 UK Rain would not fit you. The Duke in brown looks nice.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    Black Park Avenues 9D
    PF Flyers size 9

I would go loafer, especially if you live in a warmer climate. I'd also pick up a pair of brogues (Strand or Cornwallis) before another boot, but YMMV.

How do you like the Thursday Boot company offerings? I've been eyeing the Captains. I've read mixed reviews on the company, but at that price point it's super tempting.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1033 Post(s)
    Black Park Avenues 9D
    PF Flyers size 9

Those Carmina Chelsea's look like they would fit since the seller says UK8 which is right at a 9D US. It really depends on what you wear as I wear boots year round and had some Cehlsea's on last week. With the Dainite sole on the grailed pair, they should last quite a while! The last looks a lot better than the Liverpool too.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    How can I find the blue lens 'Jack' aviators at JCrew? They're mentioned in the Thursday handful but I cannot find them to save my life. I really want to buy them.

Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Image of the Invisible View Post
    How can I find the blue lens 'Jack' aviators at JCrew? They're mentioned in the Thursday handful but I cannot find them to save my life. I really want to buy them.

Please help!

Can't find them because they are sold out. Sorry

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    Can't find them because they are sold out. Sorry
    I've seen that for a while but trying to figure out why Joe keeps posting on them, driving me crazy!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    458 Post(s)
    Just got my order from S&M and first time trying out their ties. One of my ties has some creasing in the middle of the tie and towards the top. These are straight out of the plastic sleeve, no tying.
    http://imgur.com/a/A7xWI

Is that normal? I usually pick up ties from TJ Maxx and Marshalls etc. and none have that. The other tie I have is also not creased. Is this something that is returnable or just hit with a steamer?

I've been very happy with all my S&M purchases and their customer service, so not a slight against them but wanted input.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)
    Does a light grey suit go well with dark chili McAllisters? I plan on getting a new suit from Lands End, and they are out of navy and charcoal in my size.