Page 160 of 222 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2214

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    If this was a pair of 2nds, I would not be concerned but if they are first quality, I would ask for another pair. The stitching should not interfere with any holes.
    Thanks for the reply. They are seconds that I bought in person up in the Port Washington store. I took them to a retail store just so the manager could take a look at them to see if they were worth keeping. According to him, they are one of the best seconds he has seen. Good leather and finish. I just noticed this small detail last night. I could buy a first quality pair for $70 more, but I don't think it's worth the extra expense especially after what he said. He could've easily sold me a new pair that day.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMM.PWR View Post
    Thanks for the reply. They are seconds that I bought in person up in the Port Washington store. I took them to a retail store just so the manager could take a look at them to see if they were worth keeping. According to him, they are one of the best seconds he has seen. Good leather and finish. I just noticed this small detail last night. I could buy a first quality pair for $70 more, but I don't think it's worth the extra expense especially after what he said. He could've easily sold me a new pair that day.
    Yea there are more glaring issues with some 2nds so it sounds like you won the gamble. Sometimes cap toes are not equal or crooked. Sometimes the eyelets are offset so the laces look odd for bar lacing. The worst though is either gashes in the leather or color problems. The 2 are generally deal breakers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Yea there are more glaring issues with some 2nds so it sounds like you won the gamble. Sometimes cap toes are not equal or crooked. Sometimes the eyelets are offset so the laces look odd for bar lacing. The worst though is either gashes in the leather or color problems. The 2 are generally deal breakers.

Here is one picture of them. It's the left shoe (on the right side)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First post, long time off-and-on reader. Thought I would post here instead of a new thread so not to piss off certain users.

I am going to a top 25 law school in the fall. I have taught public school for 15 years. My current clothes and shoes are a wreck, mostly stuff that needs to be donated to a thrift store from years of abuse. Therefore, I need to purchase 80% of the clothes I will be wearing, and purchasing it on an extreme budget. I thought the best help I would get would come from here. In my head I have developed a priority list, and wanted some confirmation of what I have chosen or some other ideas on what I should be thinking. $1,400ish budget, planning on shopping this Saturday. Listed in order of priority:

navy blue suit - maybe Suitsupply in Atlanta
    white and light blue dress shirt - perhaps Norstrom's house brand
    brown dress shoes of some kind - I am thinking Johnston and Murphy Outlet, I can get buy 3 get one free. I have no idea of what to look for in models, and its probably here that I need the most help
    denim - a few pair of Levis
    khakis - 1 pair of dockers alpha, I have one in tan already, will probably go identical

The jeans and khakis would cover every day pants for classes
    I will need shirts for every day where (I want to stay away from tees) and I really have no idea what or where

Perhaps a standard classic blazer, but this might can wait since I have a few other sports coats that I could make do for now

Please, begging for some help. Need good pieces at a good price.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Altajax View Post
    My brother has set an Off-White Dress code for his wedding this summer. Any suggestions for suits or blazers (off white blazer with white pants is ok)? I am slim 38R or M in most brands. Preferably not something too pricey since I dont expect to wear it a ton.
    Would this JCF Thomson suit work? JCF usually does a store wide 50% off sale over Memorial Day weekend. That would bring the price down some.

https://factory.jcrew.com/p/mens-clo...x-cotton/E7412

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Morning informal wedding attire advice (I'm a guest):

Marine blue linen cotton suit
    Light blue chambray dress shirt
    Dark navy knit tie

Too much blue?

Also what pocket square?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josiahv View Post
    Morning informal wedding attire advice (I'm a guest):

Marine blue linen cotton suit
    Light blue chambray dress shirt
    Dark navy knit tie

Too much blue?

Also what pocket square?
    Sounds like a lot of blue. Maybe throw some brown in there, like a brown knit tie with a white square w/ brown tips?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    Sounds like a lot of blue. Maybe throw some brown in there, like a brown knit tie with a white square w/ brown tips?
    Thanks for the advice. My brown tie was too light, so I ended up just going with it. I feel like the texture made up for it being so monochromatic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josiahv View Post
    Thanks for the advice. My brown tie was too light, so I ended up just going with it. I feel like the texture made up for it being so monochromatic.

Digging the lapel flower! Makes up for the lack of a square IMO and the texture along with the darkness of that tie definitely helps it stand out. Nice work!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    Digging the lapel flower! Makes up for the lack of a square IMO and the texture along with the darkness of that tie definitely helps it stand out. Nice work!
    Thanks! A friend of mine made it. Lapel ornaments are not typical for me, but your brown advice sealed the deal!