Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2214

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJ View Post
    Trying a quick question - looking for a casual sport coat/blazer to wear to the office, however, my office is just me, I'm a therapist living in southern California so it needs to be quite casual and I would most likely take it off for sessions. No tie. Maybe something linen? Not sure about material but definitely light weight. TIA!
    This linen/cotton blend from J. Crew Factory is on my radar and may fit the bill. I dig the patch pockets.

I have this one, and the construction and fabric seem to be the same (though this one has flap pockets), and it is nice and light.
    Donít call what your wearing an outfit. Donít ever say your car is broke.
    Donít sing with a fake British accent. Donít act like your familyís a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Trying a quick question - looking for a casual sport coat/blazer to wear to the office, however, my office is just me, I'm a therapist living in southern California so it needs to be quite casual and I would most likely take it off for sessions. No tie. Maybe something linen? Not sure about material but definitely light weight. TIA!
    I recommend a silk, cotton, linen blend because it wrinkles far less than pure linen. It should also be unlined and have a loose weave. This will require a bit of research and spending some money. Inexpensive blazers, even in lighter fabrics, don't account for temperature regulation in design and construction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My brother has set an Off-White Dress code for his wedding this summer. Any suggestions for suits or blazers (off white blazer with white pants is ok)? I am slim 38R or M in most brands. Preferably not something too pricey since I dont expect to wear it a ton.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thank you for your response. Are there any brands you would recommend? I feel like most J Crew jackest are going to be too small for me - 6' 3" 230

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Thank you for your response. Are there any brands you would recommend? I feel like most J Crew jackest are going to be too small for me - 6' 3" 230
    I have this jacket in a different color. It's a bit spendy, but it stays cool in very hot weather, especially when combined with a leno weave dress shirt.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jacke...kets&from=home

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)
    What size jacket do you wear?
    Donít call what your wearing an outfit. Donít ever say your car is broke.
    Donít sing with a fake British accent. Donít act like your familyís a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    46 L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Is the stitching and "broguing" always lined up when it comes to AE? I just bought some strands and the stitching comes close to the edge (over the smaller holes) in some parts of the shoe. Not really noticeable or a deal breaker just wondering how common this is.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMM.PWR View Post
    Is the stitching and "broguing" always lined up when it comes to AE? I just bought some strands and the stitching comes close to the edge (over the smaller holes) in some parts of the shoe. Not really noticeable or a deal breaker just wondering how common this is.
    If this was a pair of 2nds, I would not be concerned but if they are first quality, I would ask for another pair. The stitching should not interfere with any holes.