Page 153 of 222 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2214

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    @jack90 I'd say it would work great for a fun night out in the heat. Not so sure about business casual because of the coloring. Some of the reviews worry me a little as 2 out of 4 of them say the jacket is actually striped rather than solid. Maybe they were through off by the weave of the fabric? If it really is striped I would pass on it.

If you pickup the Deep Water option instead it can definitely pull double duty for work and a night out.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    I recently bought some BR navy pinstripe trousers. I couldn't find the link on their site anymore, but they're the Incotex slim navy trousers with what I would call a gray pinstripe. Is there a sportcoat that would be OK to wear with this style... without looking like a morning suit?

My best guess would be a solid gray sportcoat, but then I risk the dreaded Northern Lights look... probably not the best choice for my 5'7", 160ish frame.

Should I forego an SC altogether?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    @jack90 I'd say it would work great for a fun night out in the heat. Not so sure about business casual because of the coloring. Some of the reviews worry me a little as 2 out of 4 of them say the jacket is actually striped rather than solid. Maybe they were through off by the weave of the fabric? If it really is striped I would pass on it.

If you pickup the Deep Water option instead it can definitely pull double duty for work and a night out.
    i have the deep water one, though i have the next size up as it fits way smaller than the other j crew blazers i have.

ive seen the white one in person and it does have lines, but VERY subtle.

normally, when i see people bitching about a clothing item being striped in person, but that aspect is hidden online, its blatantly striped.

I couldnt tell in person about how noticeably the stripes were due to the j crew moodlighting. so they are either not noticeably from a distance or very subtle

i hate how j crew makes so many striped items though. It seems like everyone bitches about them in all the reviews, but its like 1/3 of thier offerings

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    I have brown leather chelsea boots. I have tan boots. Was thinking of getting a black suede chelsea

https://taftclothing.com/collections...nt=32691966086

how do you like that compared to something like this?

https://taftclothing.com/collections...nt=19248259782

i want it to be casual. like henley shirt look probably. But, if i could dress it up it would be great too. For example, i wear jeans and polos alot to work. if either would work with that look, it would be great

which of the two would be better

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncf05 View Post
    I have brown leather chelsea boots. I have tan boots. Was thinking of getting a black suede chelsea

https://taftclothing.com/collections...nt=32691966086

how do you like that compared to something like this?

https://taftclothing.com/collections...nt=19248259782

i want it to be casual. like henley shirt look probably. But, if i could dress it up it would be great too. For example, i wear jeans and polos alot to work. if either would work with that look, it would be great

which of the two would be better
    I think the second would best suit your needs. The pebble grain leather leans casual but will still look good dressed up. The crepe sole on the suede pair is very casual and the stark contrast between uppers would be a lot more difficult to dress up. Plus, if later on you decide you really want black suede you can get a similar pair from New Republic for less than half the cost.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1466 Post(s)
    Thoughts on this shoe? To be worn during the summer with a linen suit.

Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post

If you lived in the South... maybe. Otherwise I think it would be hard to pull off. I seriously considered a similar shoe from the AE seconds sale recently but decided against it because I figured the summer suit I wanted to wear them with was already pretty loud enough.

Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Not a huge fan of spectators, but it might work better with a lighter brown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1466 Post(s)
    @LesserBlackDog interesting. I like the shoe you posted. I'd be tempted to buy it too.

I should have mentioned that the linen suit is a light brown. And no, I don't live in the south.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post

I also considered picking up a pair of similar shoes to wear this summer with a linen suit. I think they could be really cool in the right situation, but in the end I decided against them. For my situation I though they might look a little too costumy and I really can't see me wearing them with anything besides the suit, so I was not comfortable spending that much money on a pair of shoes the I will most likely wear less than 5 times a year. Instead i have been shopping around for some suede buck or loafers that will work well with the linen suit and still be versitle enough to wear with other outfits.