Page 150 of 222 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2214

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1462 Post(s)
    Has SuSu changed the cut of their Lazio suit? I ask b/c I own two three-piece Lazio suits and they fit fine. But I just purchased a third one and the jacket is too short/small. I'm returning the suit BTW.

Anyone have older years/models of the Lazio suit with recent ones? Do they fit the same for you?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    Did you pick this up from the outlet weeks bacK? Or is this a full price purchase?

I haven't had any experience with the Lazio - only shopped the Havana lately. No issues with consistency so far

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)
    @DocDave -- I have no experience with Lazio. However, I bought two Napoli suits with less than 6 months between purchases (over a year ago I think). Both are the tagged at the same size. One suit jacket fits me perfectly and the other fits a little large. We're talking about an inch in the shoulders and sleeve length. The fabric is different for both; so, that might have something to do with it. My alterations tailor noticed the differences right away.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1462 Post(s)
    Thanks @PREID and @Alex1. I bought the suit new, directly from the online store. I'm going to return in and order a long in the same jacket size. Hopefully that will work out for me and my tailor will be able to do any adjustments needed. Thanks for the info. Cheers.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    Does anyone own a pair of AE Dundee 2.0? How's the sizing compared to the 5 last?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    I have Dundee 2.0s (511 last) in 11D, and Strands (5 last) in 10ŻE. My understanding is that this is pretty typical, since the 5 last is longer and narrower than their other lasts.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Is there a Dappered consensus on wearing a blazer/pants of different fabrics? I like the summerweight blazers that J Crew has out right now, but they're a cotton/linen blend and most of my pants are wool...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Is there a Dappered consensus on wearing a blazer/pants of different fabrics? I like the summerweight blazers that J Crew has out right now, but they're a cotton/linen blend and most of my pants are wool...
    I pretty sure it is okay. It matters more what type of weave they are. I wouldn't wear fine fabrics with coarse ones, or lightweight with heavyweight etc.

I am not sure what the consensus would be about the particular combination. What type of wool pants do you have?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    Typically a wool blazer with cotton trousers is more acceptable than a cotton blazer with wool trousers, but I suppose it's possible. I would make sure that:

1. They aren't a seasonal mis-match. So don't wear wool flannel or tweed trousers with a linen jacket.
    2. They are of a similar formality. Some cotton and linen jackets are very casual, so if you're going to pair the jacket with, for example, tropical weight wool, then make sure the jacket doesn't look distressed or too wrinkled.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    I wore a linen blazer with light weight wool trousers today so I sure hope it is okay lol. I agree with what @Spex said, I think the most important thing is to make sure you dont have an obvious seasonal mismatch or a formality mismatch.