Page 13 of 215 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    @dackman and @zcm, have you guys considered looking on Yoox? They carry a lot of Italian brands, which are more apt to have patch pockets, and there are a lot of summer blends on there right now (in addition to a 20% code). In addition, it's not hard to find makers that are frankly much nicer than J. Crew or LE, sometimes for comparable prices. Sizing can be something of a crapshoot, but the return policy is pretty fair.

As an aside, I got an unstructured Cantarelli navy wool blazer there a few weeks back that I rather stupidly took the tags off before realizing that it's too a bit too small for me that I'll probably try to flip here soon. I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, @zcm, but it's probably about your size, and it wears very lightly - definitely a spring/summer jacket.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    I was looking at this a while back too. Is it just me or does the jacket look better on the ground in the article then on the LE model. I guess this is what stopped me. As a piece of clothing it looks good, but can I pull it off. I get irritated when I'm digging a shoe but there's zero photos of someone wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    I honestly would go with the LE over the JC. Crew's jackets are looking too lounge-y to me these days. The button stance is too low and the lapels too narrow. I like the traditional look of the LE, and in fact, I'm adding the LE shitake jacket (at least, maybe also pants) to my lust list.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    @Siepi, I've glanced at Yoox a couple times, but have never done a very in-depth search. I'll have to investigate further this weekend. Thanks for the recommendation.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siepi View Post
    As an aside, I got an unstructured Cantarelli navy wool blazer there a few weeks back that I rather stupidly took the tags off before realizing that it's too a bit too small for me that I'll probably try to flip here soon. I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, @zcm, but it's probably about your size, and it wears very lightly - definitely a spring/summer jacket.
    Interesting. I'll check out Yoox too. Im not necessarily looking for a summer/spring blazer but just another blazer to be in the usual rotation. I have a few that get regular wear and the rest are kind of 'fun' or casual (and usually quite cheap). Can you send me a link to the one you mentioned.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I feel like this gets mentioned so often that it's not really that valuable to say here, but Nordstrom Rack frequently has AE belts on sale. If you live near a Nordstrom Rack, that would be a place to check before you go shelling out full MSRP.
    Are their belts veg tanned leather, or some faux pleather variety?

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    I hear ya. I wish I could see this in real life. That's what's stopping me, too. I love how it looks in the PTO article, but it's hard to tell in the model shots what's real.

Lands' End is a problematic shopping experience, too, or at least it has been for me. The return process was very long for a couple of shirts I sent back. I didn't get a credit to my debit card until 2.5 weeks after I sent the package back. Plus they charge for the return, so if you pay for shipping and then the return, you lose out. If you don't pay the $5 for the 2-day shipping, it takes more than a week to get the stuff. Hard to believe they're so slow when the whole rest of the commerce world seems so speedy these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ninpb View Post
    I was looking at this a while back too. Is it just me or does the jacket look better on the ground in the article then on the LE model. I guess this is what stopped me. As a piece of clothing it looks good, but can I pull it off. I get irritated when I'm digging a shoe but there's zero photos of someone wearing them.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    @dackman and @zcm, I'd strongly suggesting using Aliotsy's pre-made search to funnel through the crap (and there is a lot of crap). I'd add the various LBM lines, Brando, and a few others to your search criteria as well.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    I would like to get a pair of medium or light gray 3 season flannel trousers. The only option I am finding is from Howard Yount at close to $200. EBay is also pretty dry on anything but charcoal. Any other and cheaper options?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    @doomx, J. Crew has their Classic Fit wool Bowery's in medium gray on sale for around $75, most sizes available. I have that exact pair and they've easily become my favorite work pants.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    @doomx, Howard Yount pants are great. I have a pair in light grey that I wear all the time. I also have some from J Crew as well that are solid as well.