Page 122 of 227 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2266

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmichaelray View Post
    Sorry about that. I forgot it was for a government job.
    Heh, yeah. I have a couple of pink and lavender shirts but they definitely do not see use at work.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    424 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Doctor View Post
    Heh, yeah. I have a couple of pink and lavender shirts but they definitely do not see use at work.
    Pink is supposed to be an "optimism" color. I've read a few isolated studies on the subject. People respond positively to pink walls, clothes, paper, etc. Drunk tanks are painted light pink ostensibly to help drunk people calm down. I'm not aware of any meta-analyses or anything, but it seems right.

I could see it not being a good interview shirt color for a government job. I admittedly try to use this color shirt on purpose for the supposed optimism effect.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmichaelray View Post
    Pink is supposed to be an "optimism" color. I've read a few isolated studies on the subject. People respond positively to pink walls, clothes, paper, etc. Drunk tanks are painted light pink ostensibly to help drunk people calm down. I'm not aware of any meta-analyses or anything, but it seems right.

I could see it not being a good interview shirt color for a government job. I admittedly try to use this color shirt on purpose for the supposed optimism effect.
    Optimism color? I feel more tense in a pink room. I'll allow mountbatten pink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Why does SuitSupply advertise some of their jackets as having the hand pleated shoulder? What exactly does pleating the shoulder do? Does it create a higher/tighter armhole?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertone View Post
    Why does SuitSupply advertise some of their jackets as having the hand pleated shoulder? What exactly does pleating the shoulder do? Does it create a higher/tighter armhole?
    I think you are referring to "spalla camicia," which is Italian for "shirt shoulder." This type of shoulder is traditionally found on some Neapolitan jackets, which are often tighter fitting. The pleated shoulder provides a little more freedom of movement according to the following website:

http://www.bespokenn.com/post/527764...politan-jacket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Great article! That just explained so much. Thank you, sir!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Has anyone purchased the J.Crew Factory Thompson blazer in glen plaid?

How is the fit compared to a typical Ludlow? Thoughts on the fabric?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Anyone played with the Target Mossimo blazers? I know the navy one (the Kensington?) got some love on here a few years back, but I wonder if they changed anything, or how some of the ones in more wintry textures stack up. Any opinions?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colby View Post
    Anyone played with the Target Mossimo blazers? I know the navy one (the Kensington?) got some love on here a few years back, but I wonder if they changed anything, or how some of the ones in more wintry textures stack up. Any opinions?
    The last time I looked at one was maybe a year ago and was "tweed" it had no shape and low arm holes. I would try to check whatever you are looking at in person as things can vary quite a bit within one brand at the lower end of the pricing spectrum.