Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2212

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    what do you guys think is the most versatile color for cardigans?
    I love my navy blue Brooks Brothers cardigan - definitely a wardrobe staple for me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Gents, wondering about pant alterations. I am a 33 width and a 33 length. But Jcrew only offers 33-32 in pants. Generally, is there enough fabric to let the pants out an inch?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Gents, wondering about pant alterations. I am a 33 width and a 33 length. But Jcrew only offers 33-32 in pants. Generally, is there enough fabric to let the pants out an inch?
    Not mainline J.Crew, but I just checked the hems on my 31x30 JCF Thompson trousers and there is about 1.75" to let out. So you should be fine.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    You could go with 33-34 instead (unless they're out of stock). Then you could shorten, which hides the former crease. When you lengthen, I'm not sure how easily you can get rid of the crease line - depends a lot on the fabric, I suppose.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ac6 View Post
    Not mainline J.Crew, but I just checked the hems on my 31x30 JCF Thompson trousers and there is about 1.75" to let out. So you should be fine.
    Thank you for the information ac6.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ELNJ View Post
    You could go with 33-34 instead (unless they're out of stock). Then you could shorten, which hides the former crease. When you lengthen, I'm not sure how easily you can get rid of the crease line - depends a lot on the fabric, I suppose.
    Yeah, J Crew Factory slim fit voyager only comes in 33-32 or 34-34. I am going to give the 33-32 a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Yeah, J Crew Factory slim fit voyager only comes in 33-32 or 34-34. I am going to give the 33-32 a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Ah, right - now that you mention it, I seem to remember noticing this. (I'm very close to 33-33 myself.) Let us know how it works out!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    I just got a pair of AE seconds that I want to return. I know I can save the return fee if I get them back to an outlet store, but will it be the same if I return to a retail store?

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)
    Quick opinions needed:

Got invited to a wedding that's happening tonight. The gal pal who invited me wants me to wear the same thing I was wearing when she invited me, for reasons and things. So the outfit is already basically decided.

I'm down to picking a watch. I've only got one orangey-tan watch strap that matches the belt and shoes I'm going to wear, and only a couple watches that fit it. Can't decide between my blue Ray or the black-and-white Mako USA.

Opinions?

And the outfit... may go with a white shirt instead of blue for better contrast with the tie, though:

Ben

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Quick opinions needed:

Got invited to a wedding that's happening tonight. The gal pal who invited me wants me to wear the same thing I was wearing when she invited me, for reasons and things. So the outfit is already basically decided.

I'm down to picking a watch. I've only got one orangey-tan watch strap that matches the belt and shoes I'm going to wear, and only a couple watches that fit it. Can't decide between my blue Ray or the black-and-white Mako USA.

Opinions?

And the outfit... may go with a white shirt instead of blue for better contrast with the tie, though:

I'd go with the one on the right.