Page 115 of 219 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2182

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    15lbs your tailor can take them in. If your shoulders are basically the same most other things can be tweaked to get a better fit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    15 pounds isnt all that much to account for in alterations.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    469 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent k View Post
    15lbs your tailor can take them in. If your shoulders are basically the same most other things can be tweaked to get a better fit.
    Gotcha. I just know my pants are swimming. I've dropped about 4" there. Thanks all for the info.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Pounds aren't really a good indicator of how much work needs done. I've lost maybe 2" on my pants and it's a big difference in terms of fit while I'm wearing them... 4" waist difference is pretty huge and may be too much for them to be able to do without making the pants look or fit oddly. The jackets should be perfectly easy for them to do, assuming shoulders are more or less the same. Easiest will be to bring it to a tailor you know/trust to get their opinion. I'd probably do one suit to see how it comes out, to decide whether you like the result and want the others done OR if you don't and don't think it's worth it on the other suits.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donniedemarco View Post
    Can anyone recommend a solid pair of basic/essential linen pants? Preferably a retail option (I'd like to grab a pair before I leave town tomorrow), but online works too.
    I just got a pair of these and really like them:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nordstro...resultback=726

Be aware that they come unhemmed, though, so if you mail-order you'll need to get them hemmed. If you have a Nordstrom nearby and you buy in-store, I think maybe they can do it there before you leave.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)
    Can anyone comment on the quality of Asos footwear? Comparable to fashion brands like Aldo? The pair of shoes I'm interested in are these suede chukkas:

http://us.asos.com/ASOS-Lace-Up-Boot...N1ZWRlL3Byb2Qv

Before anyone suggests Clarks Desert Boots: the wide toe box doesn't look good on my feet, and they are unstructured to the point of being uncomfortable.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Still trying to break into wearing a blazer or sportcoat -- I wear a suit to work daily and can't stand to wear one to more business casual events or not quite formal weddings.

So a question -- what fabric/style blazer/sportcoat could work with somewhat casual chinos? (Japan Caramels from Gustin, https://www.weargustin.com/store/2293) Would love to be able to press the chinos for an event and then wear them more casually otherwise. But are they too casual to wear with a jacket and tie, or if not, how can I pull it off without looking like my torso and legs didn't consult one another before getting dressed?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quoted
    189 Post(s)
    @cjl1978 I actually just started a thread asking a very similar question. There will probably be some good responses up by tonight:

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...ortcoat-blazer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    what do you guys think is the most versatile color for cardigans?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    what do you guys think is the most versatile color for cardigans?
    Cardigans aren't my thing, but I'd say a medium grey or a navy blue would be the most versatile. YMMV since a lot depends on what you wear normally that would be worn with it.