Page 114 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2214

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Would a medium blue spier and mackay suit be an acceptable stand in for a navy blue suit?
    I will be heading to a conference where I may be able to interview for a post grad fellowship. In this case should i cough up the extra money for a true navy suit?

this is the medium blue sharkskin suit I was thinking about.
    http://www.spierandmackay.com/produc...ntemporary_fit

Thanks

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmclaughlin View Post
    Would a medium blue spier and mackay suit be an acceptable stand in for a navy blue suit?
    I will be heading to a conference where I may be able to interview for a post grad fellowship. In this case should i cough up the extra money for a true navy suit?
    Probably due to the influence of Mad Men, that’s the most popular color in New York right now. I think it is fine for a conference with an interview.

Be aware that medium blue is a color—not a “neutral,” like charcoal or navy—and must be accessorized carefully. You can wear almost any tie with a neutral but the shade has to be right with a color. I don’t think the lavender tie in the photo works as well as it could.

In my opinion, the best looks for medium blue right now are matte/textured monochromatic (e.g., blue grenadine) or something with true contrast, like orange or pink. For an interview I'd stick with matte blue.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    188 Post(s)
    I like that suit a lot, but a navy suit has a lot more uses, if you're debating between the two, and will only buy one.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    Does anyone have any sizing experience with Nordstrom shirts? Specifically, is "trim fit" sizing consistent among their in-house brands? I like the fit of the Nordstrom Rack trim fit, and was wondering if the measurements are the same for trim fit shirts from main line Nordstrom and John W. Nordstrom.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    No idea about rack, but the others are consistent. I think 1901 is different but do not have any. Nordstrom has measurements on their site.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    I took a peek at the measurements on Nordstrom.com, and indeed Nordstrom and John W. are sized the same. My question is whether they fit the same as the Rack branded trim fit. I may end up having to scour the clearance section at my Nordstrom Rack to see if I can find a mainline Nordstrom or John W. shirt to try on.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    493 Post(s)
    I have a few (4) brooks brothers Madison suits sized 41R and pants 34/31. Recently I've lost a bit of weight (15lbs) and the Fitzgerald cut is better for me. Better to have suits tailored to fit (pants are big in the waist and jacket feels big) or just to pick up new suits in the Fitzgerald cut which is overall a better fit for me?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    I have a few (4) brooks brothers Madison suits sized 41R and pants 34/31. Recently I've lost a bit of weight (15lbs) and the Fitzgerald cut is better for me. Better to have suits tailored to fit (pants are big in the waist and jacket feels big) or just to pick up new suits in the Fitzgerald cut which is overall a better fit for me?
    Four BB suits is a lot to trash. Find a good alterations tailor and have him experiment with one and see what he can do.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Can anyone recommend a solid pair of basic/essential linen pants? Preferably a retail option (I'd like to grab a pair before I leave town tomorrow), but online works too.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    493 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theplayerking View Post
    Four BB suits is a lot to trash. Find a good alterations tailor and have him experiment with one and see what he can do.
    Good idea. I should mention they are BB Factory, not sure how much that matters but still a decent investment in them.