Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2211

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the input!

And another question:

Can anyone comment on the fit of Lands' End lighthouse chino shorts? I wear a 36 waist at J.Crew, should I be safe ordering the same from Lands' End? Thanks!
    Last edited by Rocco; July 16th, 2015 at 08:34 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I'm looking at this sport coat from J Crew Factory and was curious if anyone has experience with the sizing of JCF sport coats? Any input would be appreciated! https://factory.jcrew.com/browse/sin...&bmUID=kWpUn.W

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    I am curious how this one compares to the all linen number just reviewed a couple days ago. Size wise

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfred371 View Post
    I'm looking at this sport coat from J Crew Factory and was curious if anyone has experience with the sizing of JCF sport coats? Any input would be appreciated! https://factory.jcrew.com/browse/sin...&bmUID=kWpUn.W
    In my experience, a Medium is an almost dead-on 40R. Maybe slightly shorter in the tail/arms.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    @PREID Thanks! Ordered the large, as the medium was out, but that sounds perfect. I'm probably a 42 ish.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)
    Anyone with experience regarding J Crew Factory Thompson, Oxford cloth suiting? I'm looking at the Melange Gray that's currently on clearance + 50%.

https://factory.jcrew.com/mens-cloth...true&hash=row0

Went ahead and ordered, but no real idea what to expect on sizing and quality of fabric, and whether the gray is truly as light as the photos suggest. There's only two reviews, both positive, and only one mentions sizing. It's not final sale, so I'm not risking much, but I'd like some input on what to expect. All of my previous suits (3) have been all wool, and I'm looking for something a bit cooler for the summer months going forward.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)
    @ronrob Just had it delivered late last week, and I'm a big fan. JCF stuff is hit and miss with me--more often than not, I prefer J.Crew proper. I really like Sutton chinos, but really dislike their shorts and shirts, and the wool Thompson did not work for me at all.

I took a shot based on this thread since it wasn't final sale: http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...-vs-Chino-Suit

Very, pleasantly surprised. Fabric was much nicer than I was expecting, and it is slightly darker than pictured. Fit was much better than the wool Thompson. I'm a solid BB OTR 40R, and this will need the sleeves shortened and waist taken it. However, for the price I paid, it'll be worth it. Shoulders fit nicely and no weird button height issues.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by connersw View Post
    @ronrob Just had it delivered late last week, and I'm a big fan. JCF stuff is hit and miss with me--more often than not, I prefer J.Crew proper. I really like Sutton chinos, but really dislike their shorts and shirts, and the wool Thompson did not work for me at all.

I took a shot based on this thread since it wasn't final sale: http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...-vs-Chino-Suit

Very, pleasantly surprised. Fabric was much nicer than I was expecting, and it is slightly darker than pictured. Fit was much better than the wool Thompson. I'm a solid BB OTR 40R, and this will need the sleeves shortened and waist taken it. However, for the price I paid, it'll be worth it. Shoulders fit nicely and no weird button height issues.
    Okay, that bodes well for me, thank you. I was hoping for true to color or a bit darker (just not lighter), and I'm a fan of the Sutton summerweight chinos (other than having to take the waist in...stupid butt).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfred371 View Post
    @PREID Thanks! Ordered the large, as the medium was out, but that sounds perfect. I'm probably a 42 ish.
    The large should be spot on. I wish I wasn't so tall-I can never wear those S/M/L-sized jackets

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Does anyone know of any trunk shows in Washington D.C.?