Page 109 of 218 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2179

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)
    I wear a 32/30 in the Bedford/Slim Bedford, Bowery/Slim Bowery, Sutton, and Urban Slim.

I struggle to find the difference between the Bedford vs Slim Bedford, and likewise for the Bowery vs Slim Bowery. In fact, I've had Bedford pants that actually fit slimmer than some Slim Bedford pants. I think it depends more on the material, and the way that it hangs.

In most cases, I prefer the Bowery/Slim Bowery to the Bedford/Slim Bedford. There is a noticeable difference in quality and feel. Additionally, the Bedford has a weird hang across the hip/crotch area (the last thing anyone wants is a weird crotch). I'm not sure if it is the difference in the rise or if it is cut ever so slightly bigger across the hip/crotch area. With heavier material, like wool or flannel, it is not as noticeable, and I have a couple wool Bedford pants that I actually like. With cotton or chambray, it looks too bunchy, and I would rather get a Bowery. This could also just be that the Bowery uses a thicker, heavier weight cotton so it hangs better.

The Sutton is cut just slightly larger through the thighs than the Urban Slim. I actually prefer this because it eliminates any weird crotch issues or pocket flagging. The material is a bit "cheaper" in the Sutton, but I'm ok with it. Not as heavy in the broken-in chino, and not as light in the summer weight. This actually makes the Sutton summer weight chino my preferred pants out of all of them.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by connersw View Post
    Additionally, the Bedford has a weird hang across the hip/crotch area (the last thing anyone wants is a weird crotch). I'm not sure if it is the difference in the rise or if it is cut ever so slightly bigger across the hip/crotch area. With heavier material, like wool or flannel, it is not as noticeable, and I have a couple wool Bedford pants that I actually like. With cotton or chambray, it looks too bunchy, and I would rather get a Bowery.
    This is exactly why I'm getting my tailored. I have the chambray and the flannel, and they are very full in the hip/thigh.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by connersw View Post
    I wear a 32/30 in the Bedford/Slim Bedford, Bowery/Slim Bowery, Sutton, and Urban Slim.

I struggle to find the difference between the Bedford vs Slim Bedford, and likewise for the Bowery vs Slim Bowery. In fact, I've had Bedford pants that actually fit slimmer than some Slim Bedford pants. I think it depends more on the material, and the way that it hangs.

In most cases, I prefer the Bowery/Slim Bowery to the Bedford/Slim Bedford. There is a noticeable difference in quality and feel. Additionally, the Bedford has a weird hang across the hip/crotch area (the last thing anyone wants is a weird crotch). I'm not sure if it is the difference in the rise or if it is cut ever so slightly bigger across the hip/crotch area. With heavier material, like wool or flannel, it is not as noticeable, and I have a couple wool Bedford pants that I actually like. With cotton or chambray, it looks too bunchy, and I would rather get a Bowery. This could also just be that the Bowery uses a thicker, heavier weight cotton so it hangs better.

The Sutton is cut just slightly larger through the thighs than the Urban Slim. I actually prefer this because it eliminates any weird crotch issues or pocket flagging. The material is a bit "cheaper" in the Sutton, but I'm ok with it. Not as heavy in the broken-in chino, and not as light in the summer weight. This actually makes the Sutton summer weight chino my preferred pants out of all of them.

Thanks for the thorough answer! I may bite the bullet and buy a pair of each in the 32/30 and see for myself.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)
    Thoughts on olive as a color for a trench coat?

Neutral enough to be worn with almost anything? Too drab (no pun intended) for spring use?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    A bit too frumpy for my tastes (the color), but I think it would work well in the fall.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    Isambard,

I think olive as a trench coat color could work rather well. However, I am a bit biased as I like the look of Barbour's olive waxcottons.

Regards,
    Vic
    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    I just got my pair of Banana Republic's Owen Oxfords in gray! I really enjoy them but not sure of what to wear with gray dress shoes (especially in the belt category). Any quick answers would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    Those look light enough to wear with black or brown belts, depending on what you are wearing for the rest of your outfit. Those are casual enough that I would not overthink it, @ndintel.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1401 Post(s)
    Late to the posting but I kinda like the olive green trench. If the price is right, go for it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Nice olive green trench!!