Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2267

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepetito View Post
    Anyone have any experience with Frye? Most of their stuff very well reviewed online.

I am about to pick up these moc toe boots. Would love opinions on anyone who has them or something similar from Frye?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    I have a couple pair of Frye shoes, one pair of Frye boots. No complaints about the durability - they have all held up well. Frye customer service is great, too. I had a minor issue when the boots arrived from a third-party vendor; I called Frye directly and they set every straight.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    Thanks guys. I went ahead and have the boots a whirl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    What color shoes can I wear with a charcoal suit? I have a pair of black dress shoes that I know will go with it just fine (& have worn with the suit previously), but I recently acquired these shoes in the "cognac" color from DSW's Mercanti Fiorentini line...
    http://www.dsw.com/shoe/mercanti+fio...ductRef=SEARCH

The actual color of the shoes is quite a bit lighter than what the pictures show online. Is this too light for a charcoal suit? Is so, what shade of brown shoes would be appropriate for a charcoal suit?

Thanks.

Matt

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    Charcoal suit=black/burgundy or maaayyybbbbeeee dark brown shoes.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    971 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MDLamp View Post
    What color shoes can I wear with a charcoal suit? I have a pair of black dress shoes that I know will go with it just fine (& have worn with the suit previously), but I recently acquired these shoes in the "cognac" color from DSW's Mercanti Fiorentini line...
    http://www.dsw.com/shoe/mercanti+fio...ductRef=SEARCH

The actual color of the shoes is quite a bit lighter than what the pictures show online. Is this too light for a charcoal suit? Is so, what shade of brown shoes would be appropriate for a charcoal suit?

Thanks.

Matt
    I'd say that's most likely too light for charcoal. Black/oxblood(or burgundy,etc.)/very dark brown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Thanks for the input Pepetito & hornsup84. You guys gave me the answer I was expecting, but I was hoping I could swing it.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    971 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MDLamp View Post
    Thanks for the input Pepetito & hornsup84. You guys gave me the answer I was expecting, but I was hoping I could swing it.
    I've seen it pulled off at times with light brown or walnut, but it's a very fashion forward look with a high difficulty. And you can't do it too often lest it get stale.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Received great help before:

How do the JCFactory pants fit in general? I almost always wear a 32/30. Do JCfactory pants fit strangely in any way, in your opinion? Or just buy as usual. Pants are clearance and final sale so if it doesn't work I give them to my cousin (but wallet is lighter, sadly).

Looking at:

1) Factory slim Bedford pant in chambray
    2) Factory Sutton summerweight chino

Any advice welcomed!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edmunder View Post
    Received great help before:

How do the JCFactory pants fit in general? I almost always wear a 32/30. Do JCfactory pants fit strangely in any way, in your opinion? Or just buy as usual. Pants are clearance and final sale so if it doesn't work I give them to my cousin (but wallet is lighter, sadly).

Looking at:

1) Factory slim Bedford pant in chambray
    2) Factory Sutton summerweight chino

Any advice welcomed!
    I can't speak to the Sutton chinos, but I have a pair of slim Bedford chambray pants. I typically do not buy slim fit pants as they are not generally designed with guys like me in mind, but the slim Bedford chambray pants are my favorite pair of pants in my wardrobe. I would compare the fit of my 36x32 slim Bedford chambray pants to that of my 36x32 Gap lived-in straight fit chinos. The only difference that is discernible to me is that, as one might expect, the slim Bedford chambray pants are tapered, giving the pants a closer fit from the knees down.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    If you're concerned about the Bedford slims being skin-tight, I can assure you they are not. I have two pairs, and I'm actually going to get them slimmed a bit by a tailor.