Page 103 of 215 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2144

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    You just described Kent Wang polos. I have two and plan to buy tons more.

Pro-tip: he advises sizing up, but I don't and love the fit. However, for the jersey polos (not pique polos) you may want to size up, as they both run smaller than the pique and shrink.
    Thanks. The collars look nice. They're a little more than I had hoped to spend, but I really only need a couple of them. I'm thinking the white and the light blue.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    Tailoring question: how complicated a job is shortening shirt sleeves? (by say 1/4" - 1/2") I'm flashing too much cuff with some of my dress shirts - I'm planning to move/add buttons to tighten up the cuffs as a first step but if that doesn't work I might look into having the sleeves tweaked. Trying to figure out if the neighborhood dry-cleaning/alterations place can do it or if I need to find a higher-end place (I'm leaning toward the latter).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    are there any charles tyrwhitt sales going on atm?
    Ordered $29 shirts yesterday. Link http://www.ctshirts.com/travis

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)
    damn both kent wang and uniqlo are all sold out in my size! (small)
    Uniqlo is sold out in the button-down collar, but I just picked up one of the shirt-collar polos, which seems pretty nice. I don't have much to compare it to, since I don't wear polos a lot, but @Jstephens had asked about stronger-collared polos, so that could be an option.

On an unrelated note, I also got two of their linen shirts, which are nice and cool. They've just marked them down to $19.90, which is a great deal for a light-weight linen shirt. Fit isn't super-slim, but definitely not as billowy as a lot of shirts out there. A large seems comparable to some of my CT 16x36 slim-fit (not extra slim fit) shirts. Unusually (in my experience), the sleeves are long enough for me. I think I might order a few more...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Machine washing shirts. Do you unbutton everything? Button down collars, sleeves?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninpb View Post
    Machine washing shirts. Do you unbutton everything? Button down collars, sleeves?
    I always unbutton collars and turn sleeves inside out, usually I actually leave the gauntlet buttons buttoned, but unbutton cuffs. The front is always unbottoned.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    724 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ELNJ View Post
    Uniqlo is sold out in the button-down collar, but I just picked up one of the shirt-collar polos, which seems pretty nice. I don't have much to compare it to, since I don't wear polos a lot, but @Jstephens had asked about stronger-collared polos, so that could be an option.

On an unrelated note, I also got two of their linen shirts, which are nice and cool. They've just marked them down to $19.90, which is a great deal for a light-weight linen shirt. Fit isn't super-slim, but definitely not as billowy as a lot of shirts out there. A large seems comparable to some of my CT 16x36 slim-fit (not extra slim fit) shirts. Unusually (in my experience), the sleeves are long enough for me. I think I might order a few more...
    thank you! im gonna pick up a couple of those polos

on a somewhat related note:

polo+ linen blazer-pocket square y/n?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ELNJ View Post

@ELNJ
    Is that Dry Shirt Collar Polo you got from Uniqlo one of the ones constructed with a regular button up shirt material, or at least constructed like a regular button-up with reinforcements inside (I forget the actual name of that part of the collar). If those are the ones I'm thinking of, I though they were out of those too, but it looks like they have some. I was never clear as to exactly how these are made though, as I've never seen them in person and their website can be less than helpful or even accurate on a lot of things.
    I'm interested in trying one of their linen shirts as well. Thanks.

@Scofield
    By the way, if you're looking for some of the button down collars, I've found some on eBay, though you'd have to be willing to pay $40. (I'm not right now) But that includes shipping from Hong Kong, and it seems there's not any place else to find them right now. http://www.ebay.com/itm/161673523690...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    thank you! im gonna pick up a couple of those polos

on a somewhat related note:

polo+ linen blazer-pocket square y/n?
    I say yes. I've seen many say no in other forums where they wear $300 shirts and consider Allen Edmonds entry level, but that's not me, and we're talking the heat of the summer here, and with linen in your case, and as long as the polo is not substituted for a real dress shirt for a formal event, I see no problem with it whatsoever. I think it's a younger, modern, casual look, so it depends on the person and the purpose. I think you'll find that those who do it will say to be sure it's not one of the most casual polos with a floppy collar. That's exactly why I'm looking for these types of polos though with a good collar. I just got a casual unstructured Bonobos navy cotton blazer and an unlined J. Crew linen ludlow, both for the hellish summer heat of Louisiana. So for my uses, (art events in the evening in a small souther town) I think it's great. Nobody here would know the difference anyway, for lots of folks here, nicely dressed = khakis and a purple and gold LSU polo and camouflage jacket in the winter. Also, I'm making my own pocket squares from scrap linen and old chambray shirts. Just learned how to use a sewing machine. Should be fun.

I found another polo that may or may not be worth checking out. The price is good but never heard of the brand and can't find much about it. The collars are made like a dress shirt. Certainly not the Kent Wang quality, and maybe not even the Uniqlo quality, but for $20 including shipping, it may not be a huge loss to try. http://www.ebay.com/itm/361264646863...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You've probably read the latest post about polos, where they show two inexpesive options at Target from Merona and Mossimo, though not reported to be the quality of the Uniqlo polos. I'm not very impressed and don't care much for the colors offered either. The Merona may look better in person. http://dappered.com/2015/05/polopalo...%28Dappered%29

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    can you guys recommend a versatile loafer that will look good with jeans to chinos.
    since its summer, i'd like to try sockless once in a while.
    thanks.