Results 991 to 1,000 of 2258

Thread: Ask a quick question, get an answer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boys Husky View Post
    So your only reason for getting the black is because of the NATO? If I understand that correctly, why not get the blue and pick up a NATO for it?
    thanks for the reply. I guess a better question is is black or blue more dressy assuming I get a bracelet strap?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firemunkee View Post
    thanks for the reply. I guess a better question is is black or blue more dressy assuming I get a bracelet strap?
    Hmm...The blue on that watch is such a deep blue that I really don't think it makes a difference. If it were a brighter blue, I'd say the black is dressier, but both are equally versatile IMO. Neither will be a true "dress watch", but both can be dressed up to a suit or down to shorts and a t-shirt. That's just my opinion. That blue is a beauty.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Does anyone wear blucher mocs (e.g. LL Bean's Jackman)? Sometimes I think they look like a nice casual shoe that I could wear with jeans and an OCBD or other casual button down shirt, but other times I think they look Dr. Scholl's-ish. Any thoughts?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    404 Post(s)
    Does anyone wear blucher mocs (e.g. LL Bean's Jackman)? Sometimes I think they look like a nice casual shoe that I could wear with jeans and an OCBD or other casual button down shirt, but other times I think they look Dr. Scholl's-ish. Any thoughts?
    I don't think blücher mocs have to look Dr. Schollish or Nunn Bushish. Those shoe brands are usually made of cheap materials and have chunky soles, and not a very sleek silhouette. Personally, I don't like moc toes that much, but the LL Bean's look fine to me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    do bonobos washed chinos run TTS in their washed chinos? Travel jeans mean I have to order a size down in the waist, what about the chinos?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    I don't mind the blucher mocs but I prefer LLB's camp mocs instead. They fill the same category and I think they look a tad less bulky

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PREID View Post
    I don't mind the blucher mocs but I prefer LLB's camp mocs instead. They fill the same category and I think they look a tad less bulky
    I agree. I like the look of camp mocs, but they seem so similar to boat shoes that I didn't know if it was worth buying them.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celimos View Post
    I think it's more a matter of matching shades as Scofield has said. Imo, black leather should always be matched with black leather, but most shades of brown can be worn together.

Colours like green/navy/grey leather are more suited to be worn with brown than with black.
    This is my practice, so I'm glad to know it's what most do. I no longer own a black watch strap. I used to, but I replaced it with the light brown/tan leather one. I have a dark brown leather watch, which I wear with my dark brown, dark mahogany, and burgundy shoes, a light brown leather watch, which I wear with my light brown, lighter mahogany, green, and grey shoes, and a blue (Michael Kors) synthetic watch, which I wear on the rare occasions when I need to wear black shoes, and also wear with my blue leather shoes, plus occasionally with the other colors. It's probably my most formal watch, but it's much bulkier than the two leather ones, so it's not as comfortable for everyday use.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    i pretty much just have brown/black. really, any shade of brown goes with dark brown watch band. i do have a light brown for my walnut strands, but its not needed. having your own spring bar tool set helps for swapping bands around.
    It's actually because of my walnut Strands that I replaced my black leather watch with a light brown one. I'm wearing my walnut Strands to my wedding in a few weeks, and I did want a closer match on that occasion than my dark brown leather watch offers me, so I replaced the black strap (which needed replacing) not with another black strap but with a light brown one. I don't wear black shoes very often, anyway, and I can pair them with my blue non-leather watch when I do need to wear them.

Good idea about the spring bar tool. I'll look into getting one at some point.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    do bonobos washed chinos run TTS in their washed chinos? Travel jeans mean I have to order a size down in the waist, what about the chinos?
    The chinos run TTS. I wear a 32 in most pants and 32 in Bonobos chinos fit fine. Their flatiron jeans run slightly big, in my experience.