Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Double Monks and Shorts?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    I just can't go sockless. Sweat and blisters suck. No smell to speak of, but I wore a pair of canvas Sperry's out one summer night last year. Never again. It wasn't cool and refreshing. It was like sandpaper within an hour. The look isn't bothersome - it's just the feel for me.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy127 View Post
    I go two routes. I have about 10 pairs of loafer socks that you absolutely can't see when I'm wearing them and I have terry cloth insoles that absorb the foot sweat. I only go legit sock-less with boat shoes.
    I have those too - work great. Unless I know I'm in water, I wear them with loafers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    I don't know why you assume everyone's feet smell as much as yours (presumably this is where you are getting the basis of your idea from). My feet actually rarely sweat (and neither do i generally). I go sockless year round regardless of type of shoe. My feet just don't stink...
    I'm glad you've established that your feet do not stink - perhaps it's something that's best reserved for others to opine on?

Nevertheless, shoes are breeding grounds for bacteria. Whether or not you think they stink, I am certain your feet sweat, perhaps in lower amounts (given that it's the body's natural mechanism to maintain your temperature).

Going sockless, especially in the warmer months, is unhygienic. But hey, it's a free world. That means you can do whatever you want, and I can judge you for it.

In any event, I haven't heard any complaints about my feet, especially because (a) I wear socks, (b) I rotate my shoes and (c) I use shoe trees.
    Last edited by M. Montaigne; June 10th, 2014 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMan View Post
    I Don't get your bespoke comment; you implying if the trousers are bespoke and have loops it's ok to go belt less?
    Bespoke trousers do not have belt loops - they usually have tabs. As such, you have no choice but to go belt-less.

I just feel that the belt-less look of trousers with belt loops looks odd. Obviously, YMMV and all that.