No, not the fat you've been carrying around for 30-40-50 years. I'm talking about the fat you gained after having a kid.

I noticed quite a few new Dad's on this forum and thought it would be nice to share tips and tricks on staying fit while juggling around a tiny human being.

For me, my girl is almost 2 years old now and I really let myself go the first year. Eating really bad and not being active at all. I've never really been lean, always had a little belly but this time around, it was bad that I finally decided to do something about it.

I ate better, cut out some things, ran a few miles and one year later needing nicer clothes because of how good I felt which is how I ended up on dappered.

We are finally planning for a second one and reverting back is definitely in the back of my mind.

One specific topic I'll throw out right away is exercise. When do you guys do it? For me, it's just running and I found that my running schedule was in line with her sleeping/napping. It was great when she still had a morning nap around 10. I would eat a lite breakfast knowing I would run. Going during afternoon naps was harder as lunch just made running awful unless I really ate accordingly. Now I have been running at night, after putting her to bed around 9pm and so far it has been working out, still being conscious of how I eat during dinner.