Thread: Conflict Resultion: new Dappered Threads rule.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Conflict Resultion: new Dappered Threads rule.

Conflict Resolution
    New Rule as of 19 May, 2014

Gentlemen, the moderator team has decided to institute a new rule regarding conflicts on the forums between two or more posters. This rule will be strictly enforced:

In the case of a public dispute that contains unacceptable asshattery, the members of the conflict must post an image of themselves giving each other a gentle, loving, close-mouthed kiss.

In cases where distance or hygiene is an issue, the image may be photoshopped by the offending posters. However, photoshopped images must be created through a joint collaboration; every member of the group must contribute and sign off on the image before it is posted.

The transgressors will have 24 hours from the time of the conflict to post the image. If no image is posted, all offenders will receive a 7 day temporary ban.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    I love this place.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    This is why Dappered is the best.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    Conflict Resolution

Gentlemen, the moderator team has decided to institute a new rule regarding conflicts on the forums between two or more posters. This rule will be strictly enforced:

In the case of a public dispute that contains unacceptable asshattery, the members of the conflict must post an image of themselves giving each other a gentle, loving, close-mouthed kiss.

In cases where distance or hygiene is an issue, the image may be photoshopped by the offending posters. However, photoshopped images must be created through a joint collaboration; every member of the group must contribute and sign off on the image before it is posted.

The transgressors will have 24 hours from the time of the conflict to post the image. If no image is posted, all offenders will receive a 7 day temporary ban.
    "unacceptable asshattery" Lol

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    Conflict Resolution
    unacceptable asshattery
    Examples for education?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by g8trboi View Post
    Can I just go ahead and call dibs on using this image?
    Unless you are, in fact, Kate Upton, we may need a rule clarification. As I understand it, the rule is that the offending posters must post a picture of themselves engaging in the "gentle, loving, close-mouthed kiss," even if the image is photoshopped. Thus, you can't use that pic both because (a) presumably, you're neither Kate Upton nor the popsicle; and because (b) her mouth is open and the popsicle doesn't have one.

I'm open to correction from the mods that be if I've got that wrong. It's certainly possible that required the act of contrition is a collaboration on an image of simulated affection*, be the subjects of that image what/who they may.

*Yes, it was hard to come up with an innocuous description there.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by g8trboi View Post
    Can I just go ahead and call dibs on using this image?
    Quote Originally Posted by AngusM View Post
    Unless you are, in fact, Kate Upton, we may need a rule clarification. As I understand it, the rule is that the offending posters must post a picture of themselves engaging in the "gentle, loving, close-mouthed kiss," even if the image is photoshopped. Thus, you can't use that pic both because (a) presumably, you're neither Kate Upton nor the popsicle; and because (b) her mouth is open and the popsicle doesn't have one.
    Angus is correct. The picture must be of the offending posters themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Examples for education?
    The rule will be enforced at the discretion of the moderator team.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)
    Hahaha ... this is a brilliant form of conflict resolution.

I will say this forum and its participants are no better than the one it presumes to be better than. It's just better moderated.

I don't advocate furnishing applause on trolls but no more do I like to see some of the more sanctimonious types losing it because someone got fingerprints on their shiny tiara. A very good and productive post was torched today because people's panties were twisted into a four-in-hand over the most innocuous of remarks. Just my opinion, everyone is entitled to theirs.

Please, someone debate me so I can be punished. Wife tells me I am a great kisser.

P.S. Tongue like a propeller.

XOXOXOXOXOX FrenchX XOXOXOX

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittiwake30 View Post
    I will say this forum and its participants are no better than the one it presumes to be better than. It's just better moderated.
    I'm going to avoid descending to "unacceptable asshattery", but I will say that your statement is a bit premature considering we've now had one incident of "hazing" (okay that is not the correct term but...) while Styleforum seems to have a culture of it. And yes, our mods did react better, but I don't think it's the only reason for the difference.
    almo
    Also, I will say that I'm a bit personally disappointed that the thread had to get closed before I could follow up on my initial post. I don't want anybody to think that I meant that they weren't wanted here or that I'm judging them personally for some of the quotes I pulled; I was just trying to make a point, and I know that on the whole, almost everybody on this community is generally helpful and contributive - I certainly can't fault you for a couple lapses when I definitely remember one of my own.

I'm also angry I didn't get to start a huge war with @Vicious49 for promoting Japanese cars >

And @g8trboi, I'll message you about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_s
    we are a bit set in our ways, but it is not like this forum to chastise someone for having a difference of opinion. That is something we try to keep at bay.
    later, when I have time to have a conversation about it. I think you've definitely gotten the wrong impression of Threads, and this is definitely the worst incident I've seen in the year+ I've been here.