Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: I meant to do that!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    I sent back the two LE sail rigger OCBDs I ordered last week. You guys are right. I can't do the sack-shirt thing. I'm wearing my J. Crew regular fit white OCBD today, and I feel so much better.

I could not figure out how to quite tuck in those bigger-fitting OCBDs. So much extra material.
    I have a medium tailored fit sail rigger in the mail but I found myself at a LE at sears for lunch yesterday and I tried on the regular fit sail rigger small and I think it fit on me like a slim. I dont know why I didn't buy it to really compare the two but if they are this could be great. I'll just size down on regular fit and save on not having to shorten the medium sleeves.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Thanks. At least now I know. I might try the tailored-fit versions some other time. The thing about those LE shirts is that the material is really good--heavy but also soft, just how I think an OCBD should be. My J. Crew feel just a touch on the thin side. The LE also have good collars, bigger, with a bit of a roll. MY J. Crew collars seem just a bit small to me and the roll is non-existent.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninpb View Post
    I have a medium tailored fit sail rigger in the mail but I found myself at a LE at sears for lunch yesterday and I tried on the regular fit sail rigger small and I think it fit on me like a slim. I dont know why I didn't buy it to really compare the two but if they are this could be great. I'll just size down on regular fit and save on not having to shorten the medium sleeves.
    OK so got the tailored medium and its big on me. Will have to go down to the small tailored.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    @Duvel, have you tried LE's Hyde Park OCBDs? I haven't, but I read good things about them awhile back. They're offered in neck and sleeve sizes albeit in limited colors and patterns. They're also offered in both traditional and tailored fits.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    @JDP Revised, no, but I may some day. I've heard good things too. They seem more like a dress shirt, in fabric, than what I want, however.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Fair enough, @Duvel. I know you're a fellow Lands' End fan, so I was curious if you had any experience with them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Hold on there, mister. I'm not exactly a fan of Lands' End. I have about 3 things from them, including a baseball cap. So far, I'm not a huge fan of the shirts.