Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I meant to do that!

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Regarding watches, I knew a very well-dressed guy, manager of a men's store, who wore his nice watch strapped so the face was on his inner wrist, not on the outer as is customary. When I asked why, he said that's the way a true gentleman wore his watch.

I've seen other men wear their watches on their right wrist.

I think the inner-wrist wear is a little odd. I guess the right wrist might make sense if you're left-handed?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    Regarding watches, I knew a very well-dressed guy, manager of a men's store, who wore his nice watch strapped so the face was on his inner wrist, not on the outer as is customary. When I asked why, he said that's the way a true gentleman wore his watch.

I think the inner-wrist wear is a little odd. I guess the right wrist might make sense if you're left-handed?
    I don't always wear a watch, but when I do, I prefer to wear it on my right wrist.

I'm left-handed, by the way.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I actually wear my shoes and especially my boots, and I dont worry about creasing, I actually like the natural crease of where my foot bends in the shoe. I dont condition, waterproof, polish, and sing to them after every wear. I despise the look and feel of new out of the box shoes and purposely break them in.
    Same here. Good leather looks better after a little wear.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Same here. I ALWAYS tuck in my OCBD with a belt regardless if I am wearing a blazer with it or not. In regards to watches, I just didnt like the feel of it. Couldnt get used to it. I do like how they look however. Just not for me.

Something of an inverse breaking of rules, maybe: I like to wear my OCBDs tucked into my jeans and with a belt. I know it is very popular to untuck shirts with jeans but I only feel comfortable doing that with polos and t-shirts. About the only time I wear my OCBDs untucked is lounging around the house.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    As someone who travels a lot, I prefer monk straps or other slipons over traditional, laced shoes.

I have also taken to wearing watches with metal bracelets simply because then, I don't have to worry about my watch strap color matching my shoes, belt, bag etc. One less color (and shade) to worry about.

I love pocket squares, and I prefer wearing a patterned one over a solid one, regardless of the patterns on my jacket or shirt.
    Last edited by M. Montaigne; May 18th, 2014 at 11:37 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)

I guess the right wrist might make sense if you're left-handed?
    I wear my watch on my right wrist, and I am right handed.

What started out as a contrarian act to stand out in middle school has become a well ingrained habit after a couple of decades.

Now it just feels weird to wear my watch on my left wrist.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by g8trboi View Post
    According to Put This On you're mostly ok, although black would be better in the evening: http://putthison.com/post/6355591409...ld-i-wear-with

It seems like a lot of people around here recommend walnut AE Strands with navy. I'm obviously in the minority but I'd say that look gets a:
    [IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5Wh2WYHc3jg/UzZPoQS1UiI/AAAAAAAAApI/C8ysxKk0xZE/s1600/2_euuurghh.gif[IMG]
    Walnut shoes with a navy suit is a favorite combination of mine, as is oxblood and navy.

I prefer dark brown with charcoal or gray, however.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    I've seen a few women do this but never a man. It's a good way to scratch up the crystal of a watch.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    730 Post(s)
    never tuck in my dress shirts (even at work in an office)
    never wear socks (even at work in an office (even in the dead of winter (in my defense i do live in cali)))

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Okay, there's breaking rules, then there's just being bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    never tuck in my dress shirts (even at work in an office)
    never wear socks (even at work in an office (even in the dead of winter (in my defense i do live in cali)))