Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alternatives to chino shorts and boat shoes

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    I don't know what to tell you man, those are pretty much my summer staples when I'm off the clock. Target has shorts that are called "chino shorts" but to me they have a more oxford cloth look.

http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s...lot=medium_1_1

As for shoes, there's not much else out there than I know of. I used to also hate shorts, boat shoes, and driving loafers. It took me a while to embrace them but now that I have, I love them.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teej View Post
    I don't know what to tell you man, those are pretty much my summer staples when I'm off the clock. Target has shorts that are called "chino shorts" but to me they have a more oxford cloth look.

http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s...lot=medium_1_1

As for shoes, there's not much else out there than I know of. I used to also hate shorts, boat shoes, and driving loafers. It took me a while to embrace them but now that I have, I love them.
    +1. I used to be decidedly anti-shorts, but I just picked up a couple pairs of Merona flat-front chino shorts and a couple pairs of the club chino shorts that you linked above. I also used to be anti-boat shoes, but my Sebago Docksides are now my go-to spring/summer shoes.

OP, you might look for lightweight chinos and chambray pants. I like the JCF chambray pants that I picked up. J. Crew and others sell lightweight chinos that are fairly breathable in hot weather.