Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need a suit! help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I had a little time so I went to the mall yesterday. I tried taking pics but I just couldn't get any good ones.

I went to Macy's and tried on pretty much everything. Nothing got rid of the weird wrinkles on my shoulders, maybe cause these are all fused? So I moved on.

I went to nordstroms hoping I'd get some help from the salesman. Salesman was usless but I did manage to make some observations

I think the more expensive suits were half canvases? I didn't get the weird wrinkles on my shoulders. Slim fit suits have slim chests and constrict me more. 42l in a "fuller" cut suit fits better, maybe I will check out Brooks brothers after work today

I always got that weird ripple on my back under the collar, too much fabric in that area?

I think I have narrowed my biggest problem to the armholes. I cant move my arms from my side's more then 30 degrees before the while jacket wants to come with and the button is being tugged pretty hard. I understand if the arm holes are higher this would not happen and also I think a tailor would have more to work with for my chest. But also from a quick SEARCH (proud of me?) I see nothing off the rack is going to offer this.

I went to a smaller suit shop too, no luck there either but I was told the owner and tailor would be there Saturday so I think it would help if I had a chat with him.

I tried on my suit jacket again when I got home.. shoulders and length seem ok now...or...maybe I'm going crazy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    I'm a little bigger, but have similar measurements overall, and I'd expect a SuitSupply Napoli in 42L or 44L to fit you pretty well.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    With free shipping and free returns, I'd also suggest SuitSupply. All the models have higher armholes, and if you get a jacket with enough room in the chest, you shouldn't feel the constriction you mentioned.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2good2be2 View Post
    I had a little time so I went to the mall yesterday. I tried taking pics but I just couldn't get any good ones.

I went to Macy's and tried on pretty much everything. Nothing got rid of the weird wrinkles on my shoulders, maybe cause these are all fused? So I moved on.

I went to nordstroms hoping I'd get some help from the salesman. Salesman was usless but I did manage to make some observations

I think the more expensive suits were half canvases? I didn't get the weird wrinkles on my shoulders. Slim fit suits have slim chests and constrict me more. 42l in a "fuller" cut suit fits better, maybe I will check out Brooks brothers after work today

I always got that weird ripple on my back under the collar, too much fabric in that area?

I think I have narrowed my biggest problem to the armholes. I cant move my arms from my side's more then 30 degrees before the while jacket wants to come with and the button is being tugged pretty hard. I understand if the arm holes are higher this would not happen and also I think a tailor would have more to work with for my chest. But also from a quick SEARCH (proud of me?) I see nothing off the rack is going to offer this.

I went to a smaller suit shop too, no luck there either but I was told the owner and tailor would be there Saturday so I think it would help if I had a chat with him.

I tried on my suit jacket again when I got home.. shoulders and length seem ok now...or...maybe I'm going crazy.
    The wrinkles in the shoulder is not a canvas problem. The canvas refers to the Chest piece of the suit. The wrinkles, in my experience, usually comes from a suit jacket with too narrow of a shoulder for you or too much padding. Find something that works in the shoulders, then go from there.