Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cuban beach wedding, gringo clothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akosmowski View Post
    Dear Tremperj,

What color guayabera is the groom wearing? These come in different colors, and some are more formal than others. Always worn untucked.
    Not sure at the moment– I think its white.

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    And if you're looking for sandals, just know that flip flops will kick sand everywhere so look for something with a buckle or just go barefoot (or carry the flip flops while on the sand).

And if you go with flip flops, make sure they're leather rather than foam rubber. While I don't shop there for anything else, American Eagle actually has very reasonably priced leather flip flops ($25-30) in a variety of colors/styles. They charge half of what other people charge.

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/categor...tId=cat6940227

The ones with the white suede straps look good if you don't mind a canvas foot bed. Otherwise, they have several other great options in leather foot beds.

And if you're not typically a flip flop wearer and have long toes, consider sizing up. Otherwise you might be hanging off the front.

Not a bad suggest– I really am not a sandal guy. Especially flipflops. I think its the sound they make that I can't stand.

Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I'd go with linen trousers in khaki, almond, or light grey, and a shirt in seersucker, linen, poplin or madras - in this case, slightly loose might be better than perfectly fitted. Any kind of leather flip-flop. A broad-brimmed hat, maybe a Panama like the one Alan pictured. For the beach, I'd probably cuff the trousers and roll the sleeves up on the shirt, but I'd tuck the shirt in because, y'know, I have standards.

I feel like long-sleeved is better in this case because you can maintain at least a modicum of formality and, in case you feel yourself baking, you can always roll down the sleeves and flip up the collar to protect yourself from the tropical summer sun.
    This is a great suggestion. I like this look alot. Here's what I was eyeballing online:

Linen shirt, pinstripe or classic plain white:

Almond linen/cotton pants:

The shirt is still a slim fit, because the normal fit makes me look like I am swimming in it.
    You guys are awesome. Really really appreciate all the help.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Dear Tremperj,

If you are not in the party, then I would say what you have would be appropriate. If you are in the party, I'd wear a guayabera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akosmowski View Post
    Dear Tremperj,

If you are not in the party, then I would say what you have would be appropriate. If you are in the party, I'd wear a guayabera.
    Not in the party, just a close friend! Excellent.