Thread: Thoughts on Contrasting Blazer Collar

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Thoughts on Contrasting Blazer Collar

This is the first time I have seen a contrasting collar on a sportscoat/blazer. What does this mean for the formality? Is this more of a flash in the pan fashion thing or is there some history here? http://i.imgur.com/YiKMA4e.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    That's kind of a riff on shooting jackets and other european 'field clothing' style (which is my personal inclination in style).

That particular jacket is kind of odd, though, with the patch pockets at the bottom and besom chest pocket. The heavy wale of the collar and the highly textured herringbone say casual/field use, but the besom pocket and lack of a collar tab to hold the thing closed at the neck skew it back towards typical blazer/sportcoat.

It would look better with a finer wale collar and all besom pockets, or all patch pocket plus another touch of hunting jacket. As it stands, the whole thing is kind of weirdly in-between styles.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)
    That's a confusing piece. it doesnt really know what it wants to be.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    That's kind of a riff on shooting jackets and other european 'field clothing' style (which is my personal inclination in style).

That particular jacket is kind of odd, though, with the patch pockets at the bottom and besom chest pocket. The heavy wale of the collar and the highly textured herringbone say casual/field use, but the besom pocket and lack of a collar tab to hold the thing closed at the neck skew it back towards typical blazer/sportcoat.

It would look better with a finer wale collar and all besom pockets, or all patch pocket plus another touch of hunting jacket. As it stands, the whole thing is kind of weirdly in-between styles.
    This is a great commentary on this piece, and other jackets in general. Pocket styles definitely need to have some consistency across the board. If the pockets were resolved and some elbow patches added, I could see this as a great field jacket.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

Thoughts on Contrasting Blazer Collar

Looks like a hacking jacket, with no button on lapel, and the pockets aren't consistent. Maker cut corners or tried to make it trendy with the collar as well. Extremely casual IMO. I would wear it, cept buttons seem a lil outta place for my body fit.
    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I