Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New P90X - The Vicious/Yoyo 90 day challenge

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)

New P90X - The Vicious/Yoyo 90 day challenge

Spawning off a conversation in another thread where Yoyorobbo said he went 90 days with only making a $3 purchase, my goal is to make it 90 days without spending a dime on clothing/shoes/etc purchases. This will be tough for me but I think I can handle it. For anyone else that wants to join in - There are no loopholes. Previous purchases or preorders don't count but there are no more (sartorial related) purchases of any kind from this moment on that would require me to pay for it in any way, shape or form. Can't use a credit card or paypal. Can't sell something on Ebay and then use that money to buy another whatever. Can't justify it by saying I 'needed' it.

90 days from today is the 4th of July so there will be a celebration with fireworks galore for anyone that can make it 90 days without spending a dime.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Holy abstemiousness, Batman. No, I can't do it. That's a very long time.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    90 days from today is the 4th of July so there will be a celebration with purchases galore for anyone that can make it 90 days without spending a dime.
    FTFY. Best of luck to you both (and anybody else who joins in)!
    Last edited by Siepi; April 4th, 2014 at 04:26 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    *The next level* - man! Not sure I can go a full 90 more, but that would certainly be nice. Only issue I may have would be Summer shorts. I've lost some weight and toned a little, so my old shorts may finally be too damn loose. We'll see. Otherwise, I *should* be set. Muuhhahahahaha...!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    It was tough for me to go just beyond 30 days. Even so I'm going to try to make it to end of April without any major purchases or purchases that are impulsive.

90 days going into summer, though, is just too much for me. I invariably want/need a few things at the start of a new season.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    I hear ya, @Duvel. I will say that once I hit my goal, probably early to mid July, I would really like to reward myself with a big (for me) true splurge. Maybe a really nice blazer (L.B.M. 1911, perhaps) or a really nice pair of kicks (thinking maybe some Alden longwings or chukkas); something like that. Nothing ground-breaking, but something significant to mark a job well-done. Nothing like rewarding saving-money with spending some, right? LOL - but if/when that reward happens, it'll be with *cash*. Never again. Never. Again.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    I hear ya, @Duvel. I will say that once I hit my goal, probably early to mid July, I would really like to reward myself with a big (for me) true splurge. Maybe a really nice blazer (L.B.M. 1911, perhaps) or a really nice pair of kicks (thinking maybe some Alden longwings or chukkas); something like that. Nothing ground-breaking, but something significant to mark a job well-done. Nothing like rewarding saving-money with spending some, right? LOL - but if/when that reward happens, it'll be with *cash*. Never again. Never. Again.
    I was thinking the same thing. Might have to pick up a Seiko SARB come July 4th.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Just checked BR and I'm up to $100 in rewards now. Too bad I don't buy much from there anymore. I'll probably just give all that to my wife to use.

So noone other than Yoyo wants to try the 90 day challenge?

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    I hear ya on the *cash* thing. I'm clearing out the credit card debt and I've vowed never to put clothing purchases on them again. In fact, I'm putting little else on the cards anymore; they'll be strictly for emergencies and possibly travel.

Going cash only forces some discipline. I'm much more focused on what I truly want and much more frugal about finding the best deal.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    I failed terribly in the 60 day challenge. I would like to try this. 90 days... Idk what I am going to do instead of shopping.