Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing shorts in the office

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Wearing shorts in the office

I work in an office environment. I just found out today that I can wear shorts to work. They even had a picture of the CEO in shorts. It is something that I would never do during the week when everybody is there because I think it is over all unprofessional. However I do occasionally work on a Saturday doing overtime. I am actually working tomorrow and I am super tempted to wear shorts as I live in Florida and it is the summer. Almost no one is in the office on Saturdays and I never interact with customers in person. The only people I am likely to see are a couple of coworkers at the same level as me, not likely to even see a manager and definitely not the higher ups. What do you guys think? Should I wear shorts or just stick with chinos?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    One time on a Saturday I saw my boss wearing a sweat suit in med grey with a dribble piss stain... Wearing shorts is okay.
    Last edited by zcm; July 26th, 2014 at 12:02 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Of course shorts are ok in that situation!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    I save shorts for outdoor parties, and lounging at the house. If you want to, go for it. Personally, I wouldn't.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    502 Post(s)
    Wear a Speedo like a boss!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zcm View Post
    One time on a Saturday I saw my boss wearing a sweat suit in med grey with a dribble piss stain... Wearing shorts is okay.
    LMFAO! This is the funniest thing I've read all day!

I'm not a shorts kind of guy outside of the beach or bbqs so would lean toward chinos. But it is a Saturday so no one can fault you....

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teej View Post
    I work in an office environment. I just found out today that I can wear shorts to work. They even had a picture of the CEO in shorts. It is something that I would never do during the week when everybody is there because I think it is over all unprofessional. However I do occasionally work on a Saturday doing overtime. I am actually working tomorrow and I am super tempted to wear shorts as I live in Florida and it is the summer. Almost no one is in the office on Saturdays and I never interact with customers in person. The only people I am likely to see are a couple of coworkers at the same level as me, not likely to even see a manager and definitely not the higher ups. What do you guys think? Should I wear shorts or just stick with chinos?
    Personally I find the whole thing to be disturbing. I can't even wear shorts in the City

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Shorts are for the golf course, bbq, or pool/beach.

The decline of dress in professional environments annoys me. My company allows shorts and jeans 5 days a week. We are a software company that works mostly with banks. We are not in Silicon Valley. To me the dress code just screens unprofessional.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    I'm confused...he's going into the office..on a saturday...hardly anyone will be there...he should be allowed to show up in his boxers if he wants.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    I'm in an industry that might work any of the 7 days in a week. Saturdays are the days where you untuck your shirts and wear shoes without socks. No need to be a savage about it, though. It's still an office.