Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New P90X - The Vicious/Yoyo 90 day challenge

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I learned from a former marine friend of mine that there isn't such a thing as a few minutes late. He told me to be at his house at 8 am if I wanted a ride. I showed up at 8:02 and he had already rolled out. Lesson learned.
    Wasn't sure if you were kidding til I saw your final list. Seems like an arbitrary life experience to share to justify excluding someone on a forum about clothes and accessories.This isn't the US Marine Corps and I'm pretty sure you're not his sergeant.

Then again, I'm not yours so feel free to ignore the peanut gallery. Just seemed odd.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lchow1 View Post
    Wasn't sure if you were kidding til I saw your final list. Seems like an arbitrary life experience to share to justify excluding someone on a forum about clothes and accessories.This isn't the Marines and I'm pretty sure you're not a drill sergeant.

Then again, I'm not yours so feel free to ignore the peanut gallery. Just seemed odd.
    That was an example of 'being a few minutes late'. I was 2 minutes late and got left behind. He was an hour late and got left off a stupid challenge list. Sorry if you didn't enjoy the anecdote.

The reason I don't do 'a few minutes late' when there is a deadline is because inevitably there will be someone who will post today and say 'I missed it by a day, can I get in'. Or later this week, someone will post 'can they still join in'? At what point do you say no? I make it easy on myself and don't get accused of playing favorites.

Anyone is free to participate along and post how they are doing but I will only be keeping track of those who made the cutoff time.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)
    Here's another story that you won't enjoy but I'll share anyways since it gives you an idea of my mindset.

When I was in college, one of my jobs was working as a bank teller. I'd work evening drive thru and there were days where you were just slammed (pay days, 1st of the month, right before a holiday weekend). Lines would be backed up in to the street if any of those 2 days fell on the same day. We closed at 7pm but there'd still be a long line. If I didn't cut it off at some point, I'd be there until 8-9pm because people would just keep joining in line.

I'd see what the last car was at the end of the line at 7pm and that would be the last customer I'd help. As soon as I was done with that car I'd roll down the blinds. The next car would come up complaining that they were in line and how important it was that they got their transaction done today. I'd tell them that they were not in line by 7pm and if I take them I have to take everyone behind them because I'm going to hear the same story from everyone else.

This challenge is for fun so there's nothing at stake and nothing serious about it but I am always serious about a deadline.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)
    I told my wife there's 11 of us trying the challenge. She said none of us will make it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    I told my wife there's 11 of us trying the challenge. She said none of us will make it.
    Extra motivation! My wife doesn't think I'll make it either. Going to prove her wrong this time!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Here's another story that you won't enjoy but I'll share anyways since it gives you an idea of my mindset.
    @Vicious49, I appreciate the story. It's not that I don't agree with respecting limits and setting boundaries, it just struck me as extreme for the proposed challenge. That said, my 2 cents aren't worth its weight in lint.

And speaking of the challenge, I would love to of signed up, but there's a bosslady person who is going to be miffed if I don't make a specific puchase within the next 90 days. I'm going to need a different type of support group for that. :P Best of luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would like to do this. i just made a jean purchase at the end of march, and all my money is reserved for bills in april.... so i think i could handle this.

--damn, didn't know there was a deadline

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    I have broken the 60 day one for a thrift find but I had always put that into my conditions anyways. But 90 more days is too much, however like @Duvel I am trying to spend only cash in hand and save up for some decent stuff.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    I got my shoe fix with the recent AE sale so I'm really not expecting to have any problems with this challenge.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    Anyone down for wagers? IE. If you bail, you have to buy a $5 gift card for the winner?