Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New P90X - The Vicious/Yoyo 90 day challenge

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Spend what you'd spend on clothing on some good craft beer instead.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    I hear ya on the *cash* thing. I'm clearing out the credit card debt and I've vowed never to put clothing purchases on them again. In fact, I'm putting little else on the cards anymore; they'll be strictly for emergencies and possibly travel.

Going cash only forces some discipline. I'm much more focused on what I truly want and much more frugal about finding the best deal.
    Good on you, man. Debt suck and definitely makes you feel that an work done or money earned doesn't actually belong to you. My wife and I only owe on our house, so once grad school is finished we should be able to knock that down while also saving lots of cash for the future.

I'm actually down for the challenge, except that I just bought a 100% wool JCP suit (good call on the recommendations from everyone here) and may need to have the pants hemmed when they arrive. I have several presentations/networking events/weddings to attend, so it's not really an option for me not to have it fit properly.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    I'm on board.

Just cleared my BR rewards out this morning on a bunch of BR socks with the cookies enabled 50% off. Got some items that are selling on eBay now but I'm not purchasing anything with that, that's going towards past purchases...mainly my J. Crew mainline fixation these past couple months (damn you and your 30% off sales!)

How about exercise gear? A pretty good chance I'm going to need to replace my running shoes in the next month or two.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    Spend what you'd spend on clothing on some good craft beer instead.
    +1

Although I can't say I always agree with @Duvel's taste in beer (too many IPAs for me, but that's pretty representative of the US as a whole and the Midwest more specifically), the man has his priorities straight here.
    Last edited by Siepi; April 4th, 2014 at 05:24 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    FWIW, I also like Belgians, particularly dubbels, tripels, and saisons. I just can't drink them all the time the way I can an IPA or a DIPA.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    I just can't drink them all the time the way I can an IPA or a DIPA.
    That would be my definition of "too many IPAs"; I agree with your taste in Belgians.

Anyway, @zcm, have you been itching to try out any new activities or hobbies? This could provide a great opportunity to do so.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I'm actually down for the challenge, except that I just bought a 100% wool JCP suit (good call on the recommendations from everyone here) and may need to have the pants hemmed when they arrive. I have several presentations/networking events/weddings to attend, so it's not really an option for me not to have it fit properly.
    If you have to pay $10 to have the pants hemmed for work, I don't think that would be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dackman View Post
    How about exercise gear? A pretty good chance I'm going to need to replace my running shoes in the next month or two.
    If it's actually for running and not for fashion, I personally wouldn't care. Just be honest with yourselves since there's no way for anyone to verify anything. As long as you think it's a justifiable (to your own conscience) expense and not for fashion in any way shape or form.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    So far we have:

Vicious
    YoyoRobbo
    ZCM
    Alex
    Dackman

Any other takers? I'll update it until late tonight/early tomorrow morning for anyone else that wants to give it a shot.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    I'm in! Today is my wife's last day at her current job so money will be real tight real fast. I got some big purchases out of my system in the past couple of weeks. I'm good to go, starting immediately.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    502 Post(s)
    I am in. I have two suits being tailored that I am picking up tomorrow and I'm obligated to pay for, but I'm in there moving forward. Let's do this!