Thread: A quick thanks to Dappered Threadsí advertisers - April

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

A quick thanks to Dappered Threadsí advertisers - April

We like our advertisers. They get it. They get that you guys in the Dappered Threads forums don't want enormous ads, advertorials, or a forum with so many ad spaces that it's hard to find the content. We try and keep the amount of ad space on Dappered Threads limited on purpose. Keeps the forum uncluttered. And every once in awhile a business comes a long who wants a presence in that limited ad space. And that's awesome. So we've decided to start publishing a monthly list of our direct advertisers to say thanks to them, and also so that you guys stay informed.

We've never taken money to review a product or run a giveaway, nor do we keep free samples for ourselves. But to further our efforts to stay as unbiased as possible, we'll be letting you guys know who's buying ads from us, directly each month (as opposed to just running an ad network with tons of advertisers which we do most of the time).

So with that said, here's this month's list of direct advertisers:

• Spanx for Men

These guys get a lot of well deserved play on this site. Not all men are born with the proportions of a Greek statue. Some of us need a little help to reach that 8" drop. That's where men's Spanx shaping undergarments come into play. Men's Spanx shape and spread the bulge in your gut while cleverly accentuating junior and the twins.

• Crocs Rubber Clogs

We’re all familiar with this brand around here. Distinctly American workwear brand Crocs has taken the heartland by storm. The timeless design is an example of Americana workwear that is both functional and colorful. Headquartered in Niwot, Colorado, Crocs are delicately crafted in Mexico, Italy, Romania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Vietnam and China.

Many thanks to all our advertisers for supporting Dappered Threads.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who saw this? Unfortunately, @bruschetta forgot one of our most loyal and favorite advertisers - Jos. A Bank.

• JoS. A. Bank, Clothiers

Jos. A. Bank is an upscale retailer of men's classically styled tailored and casual clothing, sportswear, footwear and accessories. The company, established in 1905, now sells its products through over 800 stores in 42 states and the District of Columbia, as well as through a nationally distributed catalog and an e-commerce website. They're best known in the #menswear community for high quality, although sometimes expensive, anti-fit suits. For when you don't want to look stylish or fashionable at all, you can count on JAB.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    I have wondered why JAB would pay to advertise on a site that has as much disdain for them as dapperd and the threads. I'm sure it is some big bundle of sites or something...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    Ahem, look at the date of the first post...

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Ahem, look at the date of the first post...
    Lol. Missed that. But Jos A Bank is a common add for me on dappered. I did realize the ones @bruschetta posted were a joke. Just didn't realize the date.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    At least a few posters appreciate my genius.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zcm View Post
    Lol. Missed that. But Jos A Bank is a common add for me on dappered. I did realize the ones @bruschetta posted were a joke. Just didn't realize the date.
    Didn't even realize there were actually ads on the site, thought that was part of the joke...