Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: AE 2 for $250 sale going on 3/18-3/23

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    ae does make too many shoes... and the majority of new designs are ridiculous. i think the eagle county is a prime example of it. they take a plain cap toe boot, a pretty basic model, but then make it of a casual leather and stick a brick sole on it. wut

some of the newest designs are even more ridiculous... http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...0000000001_-1_

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fey View Post
    ae does make too many shoes... and the majority of new designs are ridiculous. i think the eagle county is a prime example of it. they take a plain cap toe boot, a pretty basic model, but then make it of a casual leather and stick a brick sole on it. wut

some of the newest designs are even more ridiculous... http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...0000000001_-1_
    I am actually a big fan of the eagle county boots. I got a pair back in the begining of Feb. I wore them in last weeks Friday challenge. To each their own.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Ordered my first pair of AE's. Anyone know if they usually come quicker than the estimated 2 to 4 week window that they sent to me?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chief113 View Post
    Ordered my first pair of AE's. Anyone know if they usually come quicker than the estimated 2 to 4 week window that they sent to me?
    Mine have always came within 4 days. Usually sooner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zcm View Post
    I am actually a big fan of the eagle county boots. I got a pair back in the begining of Feb. I wore them in last weeks Friday challenge. To each their own.

+1 I am also a big fan of my Eagle County boots (black with brick red soles) They are super comfortable and look much better in person then on the website.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Got my Promontory Point boots in brown football grain leather. Don't see any flaws. Should I treat these any differently as far as conditioning/polishing given the nature of the leather? It's thicker and firmer than my other AE shoes. Kind of like...a football, I guess.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    Got my Promontory Point boots in brown football grain leather. Don't see any flaws. Should I treat these any differently as far as conditioning/polishing given the nature of the leather? It's thicker and firmer than my other AE shoes. Kind of like...a football, I guess.
    It's still considered a smooth leather. Treat it like your others. Just keep in mind that polishing will make them shiny. If you don't want that, just stick to conditioning. Or at the very least, avoid wax polish (unless you want the shine).