Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suitable - Made-to-Measure suits for $295 - any experience?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Ray

I am 6'2 guy who typically wears a 48 L suit and i am a little curious about the reasoning for the shorter style jackets.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hey there! The jacket length should definitely be proportionate to the length of your torso. The more traditional style is to have the jacket length hit a little bit beneath the crotch area, whereas the more modern style is the jacket length ends around the bottom of your zipper. So if you look at most GQ photoshoots, you'll see that the modern style is what they tend to go with. Does that make sense?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought my first suit on suitable a few months ago and have kept going back for more. The quality is comprable to the jcrew suits I have looked at and their newest line looks like the quality is going up even more. The price is great. I got married in a suitable noir tux and had all my groomsmen who didn't have black suits get the classic black suitable suit because it's about the same price as renting a tacky tux, and they got to keep it. The best thing I found was that even though the suits are made overseas, the customer service is all based in the US. I always received personal responses in a timely manner to my questions. I have the basic anchor gray suit, the noir tux, and the brown wool tweed suit they offer and they all look, feel and especially fit incredibly.
    Highly recommend suitable, many of my friends have made purchases after seeing mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The great thing about suitable is that its all based on your measurements. My father and brother in law are huge guys and their suit fits great...and it's not a big and tall price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the brown tweed suit and it fits great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought the anchor light grey suit for my brother in law's wedding and it fit right out of the box. It was my first time tailoring myself through videos, but beside a slight adjustment to the length of the pants, everything was solid. Fits and feels great. Have worn it on numerous occasions the last couple of years and still feels like new.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    While I'm glad to see this vendor is responsive to feedback from this site, I've got to say that using pictures of models wearing canvas sneakers with your suits or ties down to their groins don't inspire confidence that you are presenting a stylish product versus one that is fashionable.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meekrab View Post
    While I'm glad to see this vendor is responsive to feedback from this site, I've got to say that using pictures of models wearing canvas sneakers with your suits or ties down to their groins don't inspire confidence that you are presenting a stylish product versus one that is fashionable.
    We don't like Converses with suits, but there's a small set of exceptional sneakers, like Common Projects, that I think pair exceptionally well with a suit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Lightbulb A new chapter for Suitable

Quote Originally Posted by suitable View Post
    We don't like Converses with suits, but there's a small set of exceptional sneakers, like Common Projects, that I think pair exceptionally well with a suit.
    Ray here, it's been a while. Suitable is a much different brand than when this thread first started.

We've expanded into a full line of menswear. Highly edited collections, simple colorways. And everything made from scratch to fit. We're now working with one of the best custom manufacturers in the world, using the most advanced technology for custom clothing production. We're creating our clothes on the same line as luxury brands that charge double the price we do. And we're expanding from dressy clothing into other men's basics that can transition into casual settings.

Very excited about it. Take a look when you get a chance, would love to hear from you.
    www.suitablewear.com