Thread: Ebay Selling Question

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Ebay Selling Question

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but was hoping for some advice if anyone is a frequent seller on Ebay. I recently sold something on Ebay, at a pricepoint around $350. The buyer paid, the paypal address was verified and so I shipped it to that address with insurance and signature confirmation. I inputted the tracking info wrong and went to edit it on ebay and paypal. I emailed the buyer letting him know just in case he received multiple emails regarding tracking info. He never replied. In addition, he only has one posted feedback. And his email address is not a typical @gmail; @yahoo, etc... it's his firstname@lastname.me. Each thing taken individually isn't too worrisome, but all of it together has me a little on edge. I guess I'm covered as I shipped with tracking, insured and signature confirmation. But wondering if anyone has any insight or experience they can share having sold on ebay before in situations like this... Thanks.

p.s., I should add I'm extra paranoid as someone once did a "charge-back" on me before, but luckily I stuck to the playbook (shipped iwth tracking to verified address, etc) and paypal refunded my money.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Paypal does favor the buyer, but if you have the tracking info then I would think you should be good to go. Of course, I can't be 100% sure.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    You're covered, so I wouldn't worry about it. Lots of people have their own emails (in fact, that seems less shady because it's a lot easier to track that than some throwaway gmail; after all, that means he had to pay for a hosting service for that email); I think you're just being paranoid.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    380 Post(s)
    There are horrible eBay buyers out there. ACI EXPRESS out of California. They buy an item, pay, you ship, they go to the credit card/debit card company and state they never received the item and ask for a reversal of charge. Paypal basically always sides with them and you lose your money.

Scam artists. I tried to give them tracking etc but since there was no signature confirmation they sided with the buyer and credit card. Screwed me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I wouldn't worry about it, it doesn't seem too strange to me. You are still shipping to that confirmed address right? I'm pretty sure paypal would back you up if it was tracked and signed at his confirmed address. Also, as far as the email address .me is an apple/icloud/.mac email address really no different than yahoo or gmail.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    When selling on eBay I always insist on sending with tracking and a signature required. That way scammers can't say it never arrived, you have proof from the shipping company it was sent and received.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    ok - thanks for the input guys!