Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 60 days with no style purchase.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)

60 days with no style purchase.

I need a thread to document my journey 60 days of my clothing, shoes, accessories purchase. March and April with nothing. I need a white T and that's it since my other is pitted out.

This is to keep me going with no purchase and also maybe other guys can jump on the bandwagon. Sometimes in the style journey we get over zealous and buy a lot really fast. This is my time to pump the brake and slow it down. Sell a few more things as well.

Anyone that wants to jump in feel free! If I didn't start this thread I wouldn't stick to it. Wish me luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Not now! March is when all the winter gear prices are slashed!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    729 Post(s)
    Good luck, I'm trying to cut back a bit as well.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Good luck! I just recently broke my fast, but I'll probably start again soon.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by watch37 View Post
    Not now! March is when all the winter gear prices are slashed!
    I did think about this possible sales from F/W but I really don't have holes in my wardrobe. I can't think of something I really "need". I have outerwear for a small army. More merino, cashmere, cardigans than I can possibly wear. My watch and shoe collection could get me a down payment on a vacation home (which is what I am saving for). I don't have a Barbour jacket but I've never been that attracted to them.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    I'll join in 2 weeks as I will be near an American outlet mall for my once a year visit next week. Then cold turkey until the summer.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    I'm on board. Like you, Brent, I don't have any real compelling needs or wants, at the moment. This will keep me on track. When I feel temptation coming on, I'll go hug my Red Wings.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    Oooo. I was gonna do a no spend March, but a no spend March and April?! That would be tough. Starts tomorrow right? So there is still time to snag a pair of Kenilworth's from the Amazon sale? I think I'm with you on this. My spending this month has gotten a little crazy.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    I'm in through the end of March. Committed that to my wife back in January after purchasing my Barbour Bedale. February has gone well so far, just picked up a couple pairs of replacement socks and some shoe polish, which she didn't mind of course.

It helps too that I spent the last year plus revamping my wardrobe and I have the basics handled pretty well now. Even after March, I'll try and stock away my clothing budget for a few months and save up. The only items I have on my wish list are pricier items now like a couple of watches to revamp my collection (still using a rotation of Fossils from back in the day), a couple pairs of shoes/boots, and a jacket or two.

Good luck gentlemen, let's stick to this!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Best of luck with it. As long as there is still alcohol around, I can't even promise 60 minutes of my own willpower. Especially since my paypal login is automatic, and eBay doesn't bill me for 2 weeks...