Thread: Allen Edmonds Strands, 9.5E

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Allen Edmonds Strands, 9.5E

I'm selling a beautiful pair of Allen Edmonds Strands, size 9.5E. They are new and unworn, in the dark brown color. The cloth shoe bags are also included (one has a small black stain on it, though it obviously doesn't effect its functionality).

I originally bought these off ebay, unfortunately I didn't anticipate how the 5 last would effect the fit. As far as I know these are not seconds, I can't find any flaw on them.

I'm asking for $200 plus $10 shipping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Price drop: $185 shipped. If there are no takers then I'll put them on Ebay tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could you explain the 5 last fit, I know it's long and narrow. I have a pair of 9.5D AEs that are the 4 last, which they describe as "the average foot." So I'm just concerned with the width on the 5 last.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I forgot to mention my current pair are pretty tight, width wise. So that's why I'm wondering if one size larger in width, in the 5 last would be wide enough.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdc2787 View Post
    I forgot to mention my current pair are pretty tight, width wise. So that's why I'm wondering if one size larger in width, in the 5 last would be wide enough.
    Tight everywhere, as though the shoe does not have enough volume to hold your foot? Pinches your toes? If it's pinching your toes and feels to small volume wise, I'd go up a half size to something like a 10D. If it's just a little too small and the laces create a "V" when laced, but toes are not too far forward, a wider width would probably work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey cdc2787, I'm not sure if the 5 last in 9.5E will be right for you or not. From what I understand, the 5 last is longer and narrower, so you want to go down a size and up a width. I've never worn any Allen Edmonds 4 last shoes, so I'm afraid I can't give a good comparison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sold!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You just broke my heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lol, sorry man! From what you've said, it probably wouldn't have fit you correctly anyway. The hunt continues!