Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3rd wedding anniversary gift ideas?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    I noticed the same seller has monogrammed leather camera straps. I think that's really neat since she's moving into doing photography full-time. I'm only concerned that the dye will rub off on her clothes.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    If you went with a wrist strap, it might be more unlikely to rub off on her clothes.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Well she carries a Nikon D7000 right now. It's not as big as they come, but it's far from small... And she's a tiny girl.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    Good point. Maybe you could contact the seller and see if it's possible to get the leather without dye, or ask them about the dye transferal.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    she's moving into doing photography full-time.
    Get her a nice lens that she wants. If she's moving into photography full time, you know she'll end up buying it anyway. This way you get the credit for an expensive purchase!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    Get her a nice lens that she wants. If she's moving into photography full time, you know she'll end up buying it anyway. This way you get the credit for an expensive purchase!
    I've actually done this before (multiple times), but it's not really in the budget right now. :-S

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Great feedback from this valentines day gift

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    So I've got a month to find an anniversary gift for my wife. We'll have been married for 3 years.

She's already got plenty of jewelry that she doesn't wear. She likes to receive "experience" gifts such as date nights or concerts, but I feel like an anniversary gift (or at least some portion of it) should have some sort of permanence to it so she can look at it and think back on the milestone.

We're also in the midst of giving our home an enema. We're clearing out lots of clutter to make room for a pending baby. So whatever the gift is, it should preferably be small and easy to store.

And lastly, my wife is leaving her job to care for this baby so we're short on funds. In a perfect world, the gift would be $50 or less, but I can go a little higher if it is worth it.

To get the ball rolling, here are some general lines of thought:
    1.) something baby-related (since we're in that mode right now)
    2.) Etsy stuff (she loves that site)

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
    I recently gave my girlfriend a "Birchbox" subscription for Valentines day and got great feedback from everyone.

She gets 5 items (nail polish, perfume sample, lotion, etc.) every month in a box.

$10 / month

http://www.birchbox.com/

Joe should try and get a mens sample one to review...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jopa724 View Post
    I recently gave my girlfriend a "Birchbox" subscription for Valentines day and got great feedback from everyone.

She gets 5 items (nail polish, perfume sample, lotion, etc.) every month in a box.

$10 / month

http://www.birchbox.com/

Joe should try and get a mens sample one to review...
    It's a neat idea, but my wife has gotten hyper conscious about anything lotions or whatnot that she uses now that she's pregnant. She checks the labels on EVERYTHING and has ended up replacing all of her soaps, shampoos, lotions, etc. There's a pretty good chance that she wouldn't even use it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    Leather photo album filled with pictures from your three years together?

I refuse to give up the leather idea until you choose one of my suggestions.
    Last edited by Siepi; February 25th, 2014 at 04:16 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    For my third wedding anniversary I got my wife a pearl necklace (the real kind :-P!) She loves it. Its an expensive gift but no woman hates pearls so it's really safe.