Thread: HELP! Looking for some decent chinos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HELP! Looking for some decent chinos.

I am looking for a decent pair of chinos. I haven't tried much so open to almost any suggestions. I have tried Bonobos, they are nice pants, but quality control seems to suck. I ordered one pair and got the wrong color. Returned and got a second pair, and the leg opening was almost 2 inches wider than their size chart says. Really makes me weary to try and buy more just to send them back.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    banana republic kentfield, you can get them for under 20, and they are pretty close to perfect to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    uniqlo vintage chino

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    298 Post(s)
    I've been happy with the Gap tailored slim fits, and you can get them for about 30 if you wait for the right coupon. The problem is they're fairly inconsistent from pair to pair (I recently ordered two grey pairs in the same size, and one pair was a full inch bigger in the waist) so you might want to order a few pairs at a time and keep the ones that fit best (returns are free, so why not?).

Be warned that they come with a crease, even if the catalog pictures show them without. Fortunately, it's not permanent and you can iron it right out.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    Docker's Alpha khakis and Levi's Twill pants.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    There are really a lot of good options out there. The best thing to do is just go shopping and try on a bunch at different places. I'm really interested in grabbing some Dockers one of these days. I've heard good things about them.