Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SuitSupply Lazio vs Napoli

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

SuitSupply Lazio vs Napoli

Alright, I'm about to purchase my second suit SS and I want to get some opinions from other people in the threads over which one I should ultimately get.

Some basic facts about myself before I get into the details. I currently own a navy Napoli fit in a 42R, which I'm truly in love with. I also own a dark charcoal suit in a 42R(similar in color to this SS Napoli), and one of those wheat JCrew Ludlow chino suits that went on sale last fall. I'm about 71inches(180cm), have a 42 inch (106cm) chest, and weight about 195 lbs (88kg).

Now for the details. I've been looking at really two different suits and I can't decide what direction to go. I would like a lighter grey suit to offset the dark charcoal one I currently have in my rotation.

First off, the lighter grey Lazio.

The other suit I'm contemplating is this mid-grey Napoli.

By comparing the measurements of the Lazio to the Napoli, I would most likely have to go to a 44 if I went with a Lazio, but might have to go with a 44S based on sleeve length. I had to get the sleeves on my Napoli shortened a bit, and my tailor wasn't happy with the fact SS has functioning buttons on the sleeves. The sleeves on a Napoli 42R are 25 inches, while on a Lazio 44R are 25.7, which is why I'm leaning towards a 44S (24.7). The only other differences it looks like between a 44R and 44S would be more room in the chest and waist for the 44S, but I had to get my Napoli brought in anyway, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Napoli 42R Lazio 44R Lazio 44S
    Shoulder 19.4 18.9 18.9
    Chest 45.8 46.9 47.2
    Upper Waist 40.6 41.7 41.7
    Sleeve 25 25.7 24.7
    Back Length 30.7 30.7 30.3
    Waist Trouser 37 38.6 38.6
    Foot Width 8.4 8.6 8.6

Now the Lazio suit is a wool-linen blend. I currently live in Wisconsin, and would like this suit to function year-round, seeing that I currently have one that is relegated to strictly spring-early fall in the Ludlow. Would the wool-linen blend be able to pull this off? Also, is the Lazio a little too light for what suits I am currently working with?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bump as the thread got buried as it awaited moderation approval.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    How are the shoulders on the Napoli? You lose 1/4" per shoulder in the Lazio. Will that be a problem?

Why not Napoli Grey Plain, P3711I?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marathon View Post
    How are the shoulders on the Napoli? You lose 1/4" per shoulder in the Lazio. Will that be a problem?

Why not Napoli Grey Plain, P3711I?
    The shoulders on the Napoli are pretty much spot on, though I don't fear losing the extra 1/4" in the shoulders.

And I didn't notice that other grey Napoli as it was in the fall/winter collection. Thanks for the catch.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    I had a thread with napoli vs lazio fit.
    http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...ng-Navy)/page2

scroll down.

I'm 6', 190ish, over 42 chest, 32 pant, my shoulder bone measures 18.5 but my actual shoulders with meat require more. 40L fits me pretty good, might be a bit smaller as shoulder pokes out a touch, required lot of tailoring in the waist and sleeves, along with length.

Did you factor in pant size as well? 40L Napoli the pants are already borderline loose.

Unless SS got rid of the free returns and shipping, I'd order multiple sizes and return.

Also why are you focused on chest measurement, shoulders shoulders and then don't forget shoulders.

Also a tailor NOT happy with functioning buttons, is that a tailor or a dry cleaner? Guy I go to sews all his bespoke suits by hands and had nothing for praise for the quality of SS and Black Lapel. Warned me to never go indochino.
    Last edited by shad0w4life; February 18th, 2014 at 07:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shad0w4life View Post
    I had a thread with napoli vs lazio fit.
    http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...ng-Navy)/page2

scroll down.

I'm 6', 190ish, over 42 chest, 32 pant, my shoulder bone measures 18.5 but my actual shoulders with meat require more. 40L fits me pretty good, might be a bit smaller as shoulder pokes out a touch, required lot of tailoring in the waist and sleeves, along with length.

Did you factor in pant size as well? 40L Napoli the pants are already borderline loose.

Unless SS got rid of the free returns and shipping, I'd order multiple sizes and return.

Also why are you focused on chest measurement, shoulders shoulders and then don't forget shoulders.

Also a tailor NOT happy with functioning buttons, is that a tailor or a dry cleaner? Guy I go to sews all his bespoke suits by hands and had nothing for praise for the quality of SS and Black Lapel. Warned me to never go indochino.

Thanks for the link as I wasn't sure if that was the thread you were referencing.

It sounds like we have similar builds, almost same shoulder measurements, though I do have a slightly larger waist as I hover around 35-36 inches depending on how frequently I get to the gym.
    Last edited by lcarlson; February 18th, 2014 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Update: So sometime in the last week Suitsupply must have adjusted how their size advisor works as I had for the previous six months always been recommended a 42R and now it was saying I'm a 40L despite no changes in my measurements. Anyway, after looking at all the available information, I decided to go ahead and order a 40R Lazio on Monday as I thought 40L was just going to be too long. Yes, earlier in the thread I was contemplating a 44, and holy hell am I glad I went with the 40.

The suit arrived this morning and I threw the jacket on and I have to say it's the best fitting "off the rack" jacket I've ever put on. I don't think there is one thing that needs to be done to it by a tailor. The shoulders fit superbly, and there is really no excess fabric through the middle, yet when buttoned there isn't the "X" that signifies that it is too tight, and the sleeves show just the right amount of shirt cuff. The pants fit a little snug, but it's not like I have to struggle to button them and it's probably more of an incentive to lose the extra 10 pounds I've been carrying around the last few months.

Anyway, just thought I'd update everyone.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    So your Lazio is a smaller size than your Napoli? I thought SuitSupply said somewhere that you should size up for the Lazio cut, and that is what the size advisor does for me. Interesting.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TKNumber3 View Post
    So your Lazio is a smaller size than your Napoli? I thought SuitSupply said somewhere that you should size up for the Lazio cut, and that is what the size advisor does for me. Interesting.
    Your assumption is right.
    SS I take a 40L Napoli and a 42L Lazio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TKNumber3 View Post
    I thought so as well. I'm wearing my Napoli suit right now, and I'm curious if I couldn't have gotten a 40 in that as well. It sure fits really well and I get a lot of compliments from people. I've done the "wall test" and it passed. But hey, at some point you just have to stop over thinking things and just go with what feels good.