Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    slickdeals, where deals go to die

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBayesian View Post
    Okay - if you want a walnut dalton with a rubber sole and speed hooks, SERIOUSLY consider the long branch in brown (not dark brown). Side by side, the color's VERY close to walnut, and while it's a lugged vibram instead of dainite sole, the rest is pretty similar. And while it has red laces, it also (even as a second) came with brown ones too. I got mine during a 2 for $250 - maybe you can just wait for the upcoming one and… (ouch).
    Thats good to know, thank you. I bought my Daltons before the Long Branch came out, but I hardly ever wear them because of the sole and what a pain it is to take them on and off. Have yet to see the Long Branches in person and I always thought the leather was more distressed... but I'm looking at google search images and see its not. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    I need to return something that I bought in the seconds sale. I'll be making a trip to a city with an AE retail store next week, is there a charge for returning them directly to the store? The restocking fee of $10 only applies for shipping correct? And what is the window on returns?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    I need to return something that I bought in the seconds sale. I'll be making a trip to a city with an AE retail store next week, is there a charge for returning them directly to the store? The restocking fee of $10 only applies for shipping correct? And what is the window on returns?
    No restocking fee if you return to a B&M AE. Also, I don't recall exactly the return window (thinking it was either 60 or 90 days - maybe unlimited - what is AE's standard return again - forever? - or am I simply muddling this up with Nordstrom's?). Regardless, it was certainly longer than 30 days for me very late last year. I returned a pair from the shoebank to a local shop after a month had passed, and was not charged a restocking fee, nor given even the slightest touch of disdain from the SA for doing so. Great CS!

That said, you should probably call ahead and verify, before making the trip, just to be sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just a heads up to anyone buying AE 2nd Quality Shoes based on the sale alert from last week. Having read about the quality of the AE Shoebank inventory and also considering the price of the shoes available, I decided to give it a go and my gamble paid off with the purchase of the dark brown Cornwallis.The shoes did reveal is a small smudge on the sole which is not visible at all when worn, so I guess I was lucky. My communication with the AE Shoebank was handled by Chris who referred me to the Port Washington WI Shoebank and placed my order for me. One thing to note is that the customer service and advice I received was thorough and attentive. Because of Chris' advice I decided to go 1/2 a size up (10 1/2 to 11) and also decided on the color based on the type of suits I wanted to pair the shoes with. I also included the purchase of 4 pairs of cedar shoe trees which are currently priced at $15.96. Overall very impressed, and for the price at $199.00 its the lowest I have seen quality AE shoes go for.